• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-09-27T10:55:10Z by SystemAdmin
PedroFDuarte
PedroFDuarte
4 Posts

Pinned topic Cannot start server after WSRR installationadmin

‏2011-09-20T18:56:38Z |
Hi,

I'm using IBM Business Process manager Advanced 7.5 and I was trying to test WSRR 7.0.0.4 Trial version.

I followed the official installation guide here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/sr/v7r0/index.jsp
The following packages were installed:

com.ibm.ws.bspace
Version 7.0.0.4 (7.0.4.20110518_1923)

WebSphere Service Registry and Repository Server
Version 7.0.0.4 (7.0.4.20110315_1658)

I then followed the official profile augmenting guide here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/sr/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.sr.doc%2Ftwsr_augment_saserver_typ.html

Everything went ok with no errors.
Apparently the server runs if I start it using the "Start the server" shortcut but I cannot log in on the administrative console:

Login failed. Check the user ID and password and try again.

I'm sure that both the username and password worked previously.

I then tried to start the server from Integration Designer but it's even worse. The server doens't start and gives a similar error:

The role-based authorization check failed for admin-authz operation Server:getState.

Have you ever seen this behaviour? How can I solve this?
Thanks for all your help!!
Updated on 2011-09-27T10:55:10Z at 2011-09-27T10:55:10Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    141 Posts

Re: Cannot start server after WSRR installationadmin

‏2011-09-20T19:05:03Z  
    I have never seen that specific error before.
    However I would say that you will not be able to use the BusinessSpace part of WSRR with BPM 7.5.
    Basically BPM includes BusinessSpace too - but at version 7.5.
    WSRR 7.0 requires BusinessSpace 7.0 and does not work with 7.5.

Its possible that the installation of com.ibm.bspace 7.0 is what has broken things.

If you want to try WSRR on BPM 7.5 then you would need to use the 7.5 version of WSRR too (instead of 7.0).
    There isn't yet a Trial version of 7.5 but it is hoped it will be released very soon.

Regards,

Chris
  • PedroFDuarte
    PedroFDuarte
    4 Posts

‏2011-09-20T19:59:02Z  
    I have never seen that specific error before.
    However I would say that you will not be able to use the BusinessSpace part of WSRR with BPM 7.5.
    Basically BPM includes BusinessSpace too - but at version 7.5.
    WSRR 7.0 requires BusinessSpace 7.0 and does not work with 7.5.

Its possible that the installation of com.ibm.bspace 7.0 is what has broken things.

If you want to try WSRR on BPM 7.5 then you would need to use the 7.5 version of WSRR too (instead of 7.0).
    There isn't yet a Trial version of 7.5 but it is hoped it will be released very soon.

Regards,

Chris
    that's bad news then.
    Is there a way to rollback an profile augmentation?
    I'm trying to fix my Process Center profile to the previous state.
  • PedroFDuarte
    PedroFDuarte
    4 Posts

‏2011-09-20T20:09:41Z  
    that's bad news then.
    Is there a way to rollback an profile augmentation?
    I'm trying to fix my Process Center profile to the previous state.
    Or maybe just uninstalling WSRR completely will fix my profile?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    141 Posts

‏2011-09-20T20:20:09Z  
    Or maybe just uninstalling WSRR completely will fix my profile?
    check the WAS infocenter for information on "unaugment":
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v7r0/index.jsp

The command should be something like this:

WAS_HOME\bin\manageprofiles.bat -unaugment -profileName profile_name -templatePath
    WAS_HOME\profileTemplates\dmgr.wsrr -dbSysPassword password

replace WAS_HOME with your installation directory path, and replace password with your WSRR database password
  • PedroFDuarte
    PedroFDuarte
    4 Posts

‏2011-09-21T08:18:19Z  
    check the WAS infocenter for information on "unaugment":
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v7r0/index.jsp

The command should be something like this:

WAS_HOME\bin\manageprofiles.bat -unaugment -profileName profile_name -templatePath
    WAS_HOME\profileTemplates\dmgr.wsrr -dbSysPassword password

replace WAS_HOME with your installation directory path, and replace password with your WSRR database password
    Thank you Chris!
    I managed to do the unaugmentation and then I just uninstalled all WSRR packages.
    Now I can run my profile but with some errors:

21-09-2011 9:15:24:152 BST 0000000d PrivExAction E J2CA0044E: The Connection Manager failed to get a Subject from the security service associated with ConnectionFactory jdbc/WSRRTSDB. Received exception javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Incorrect authDataEntry and alias is: WSRRDB_Auth_Alias

21-09-2011 9:15:24:199 BST 0000000d J2CXAResource W J2CA0061W: Error creating XA Connection and Resource java.security.PrivilegedActionException: javax.resource.ResourceException: LoginException getting Subject

I think my profile still has some issues.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    141 Posts

‏2011-09-27T10:55:10Z  
    Thank you Chris!
    I managed to do the unaugmentation and then I just uninstalled all WSRR packages.
    Now I can run my profile but with some errors:

21-09-2011 9:15:24:152 BST 0000000d PrivExAction E J2CA0044E: The Connection Manager failed to get a Subject from the security service associated with ConnectionFactory jdbc/WSRRTSDB. Received exception javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Incorrect authDataEntry and alias is: WSRRDB_Auth_Alias

21-09-2011 9:15:24:199 BST 0000000d J2CXAResource W J2CA0061W: Error creating XA Connection and Resource java.security.PrivilegedActionException: javax.resource.ResourceException: LoginException getting Subject

I think my profile still has some issues.
    Hi,

This appears to be a data-source issue, The user name and password you used to connect to the database is incorrect. Try doing a test connect from data sources. i.e Resources-->JDBC-->Data Source and select jdbc/WSRRTSDB and test connection. If the test connection fails then correct the username a password for the WSRRDB_Auth_Alias from you JAAS - J2C authentication data and retest.

Thanks
    Shaan