5 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-05-21T07:34:57Z by yadesh
kr42
kr42
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic new work performer methods not recognized

‏2011-09-20T12:57:57Z |
Hi,

I have written a work performer with a (static) method that worked fine.

Then I changed the method. I updated the required libraries in the component manager (CM) and restartet the CM. But the function did not change its behaviour.

So I took the same code with the same method as above, created a new jar, a new component queue (which I submitted), and a new workflow that used it. I added the new jar to the required libraries of the CM and restarted the CM. Finally I transferred the new workflow and checked it in to the content engine. But the new workflow that referenced the new component queue still did what the first version of the method did.

So I took the same code with the same method as above, but CHANGED THE NAME OF THE METHOD, created a new jar, a new component queue (which I submitted), and a new workflow that used it. I added the new jar to the required libraries of the CM and restarted the CM. Finally I transfered the new workflow and checked it in to the content engine.
And now I got the message that the method with the new name could not be found.

So there are two things I don't understand:
1. Why is it that filenet doesn't find methods that I have provided as described above?
2. It seems like filenet uses methods from wrong component queues when they have the required name.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks!
Updated on 2011-09-22T10:28:23Z at 2011-09-22T10:28:23Z by kr42
  • drdamour
    drdamour
    15 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: new work performer methods not recognized

‏2011-09-20T18:38:34Z  in response to kr42
    that sounds frustrating.
    2 questions:
    How did you restart the CM?
    How are you launching the workflow? (via subscription?)

I am Just a new Boy,
    A Stranger in this Town,
    Where are All the Good Times,
    Who's Gonna Show this Stranger Around?
    • kr42
      kr42
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-22T09:08:50Z  in response to drdamour
      I restart the component manager (CM) in the Process Task Manager (PTM) by selecting in the tree view under "Component Managers" the relevant CM and then clicking the stop button, followed by clicking the start button when it becomes enabled.
      But I also tried closing and starting the PTM itself, but it didn't help either.

I want to point out that my component queues are very well visible under the relevant CM in the tree view of PTM and that there is no little red cross at the lower right corner as it is sometimes the case when the component queue isn't properly configured.

I launch the workflows from workplace XT via the "Launch Workflow" menu item, after having validated and transfered it.
    • yadesh
      yadesh
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-05-21T07:34:57Z  in response to drdamour

Hi drdamour,

We are having a similar but strange issue!! in CASE MANAGER Solution

I have created the component queue and deployed the jar and for some days i was able to get all the methods that i defined in CM.

With the requirement change it happend for us to include another method for doing some operation,so i followed all the steps to deploy the jar in PCC , restarted the PTM etc

Now the issue is i cannot see the the new method in case manager solution when i try to add the method in the workflow,but when i check out the workflow im able to see the method.the error it is throwing out while validating the workflow is "Execute instruction uses operation ,XYZ which is not configured for the queue ABC"

Can you please help me out in this as this has more dependency!!

Thanks!!

Yadesh Kasaramoni.

• CBS3_Ian_Wilson
    CBS3_Ian_Wilson
    13 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-20T22:01:42Z  in response to kr42
    OK, so I assume you get a work performer exception in the new queue, and the message is something like "Method not found" or "Unable to find Target method". Could you paste in the EXACT exception message just to confirm? Maybe a stack trace.

If so, I've had this many times, and I can usually resolve it.

It's because the configuration in PCC no longer matches the configuration in PTM (Component manager), they are out of synch. You must make sure that the custom Jar used in PCC is identical to the one defined in PTM Required libraries. Is it possible the old Jar is still accessible on the Classpath?

In some cases I've initialised the isolated region and re-created the component queue to fix it, but that is drastic.

Check taskman.properties
    • kr42
      kr42
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-22T10:28:23Z  in response to CBS3_Ian_Wilson
      Yes, Ian, you assume right, I get an exception in the new queue which I can see in the Process Tracker, and it is saying:
      "Work Performer Exception: <name of the server with ip address> Unable to find Target method", followed by the full signature of the method that I called and the CM could not find.
      I unfortunately don't see any stack trace in the process tracker. How can I obtain one?

The custom jar used in PCC is indeed IDENTICAL to the one defined in PTM required libraries, it is not just a copy, both are referring to the exact same file in the file system.

I have been told that component queues, once created, cannot be removed anymore (is that really true?). So up to now I didn't dare to remove one of the required libraries from the PTM either, as long as there are still component queues referencing them.

But following your remark I deleted the CM, removed the old jar, recreated the CM from the same connection point, and added my new jar file again to the required libraries of this new CM. And now filenet executes my work performer!!

So thanks a lot!!