Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-09-22T01:55:02Z by bluey01
R4Q7_Robert_Sparks
R4Q7_Robert_Sparks
1 Post

Pinned topic JDBC driver in use is not licensed for connectivity to QDB2 databases

‏2011-09-16T21:34:34Z |
Hello

I have used the data movement tool to move the data from a z/os version 9 to a local LUW machine. No problems

I am trying to move data back to the z/os machine and I get.

The version of the IBM Universal JDBC driver in use is not licensed for connectivity to QDB2 databases.
To connect to this server, please obtain a licensed copy of the IBM DB2 Universal Driver for JDBC and SQLJ.
An appropriate license file db2jcc_license_*.jar for this target platform must be installed to the application class path.
Connectivity to QDB2 databases is enabled by any of the following license files: http:// db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar . ERRORCODE=-4472, SQLSTATE=42968

The copy of db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar seems to do everything else I want it to do. Perhaps the message is masking the real issue. Maybe you can't use the tool to go from LUW to z/os

I have tried several db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar files including the one from my DB2 Connect client.

Has anyone gone from LUW to z/os? If so which license file did you use? Is there some binding required on the server?

Can any one suggest an alternative that would transact individual inserts through JDBC which does work with the license I have?

Bob
Updated on 2011-09-22T01:55:02Z at 2011-09-22T01:55:02Z by bluey01
  • bluey01
    bluey01
    6 Posts

Re: JDBC driver in use is not licensed for connectivity to QDB2 databases

‏2011-09-22T01:55:02Z  
    I think that the DMT is a one-way tool - from various databases to DB2 LUW. You can't go the other way. Looking at the tool you can pick the type of source database but the target has to be DB2 LUW