Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-06-05T13:01:42Z by mburati
kellykerr
kellykerr
11 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Unable to publish new project to WAS7

‏2011-09-14T17:30:18Z |
I have just installed WEF 7.01 on RAD 8.0 with Websphere 7, then created a WEF project with all the samples plus the new Mobile option selected. When I try to publish I get the following error:
Description Resource Path Location Type
An error occurred during publish: org/jdom/Element.detach()Lorg/jdom/Element; MobileApplicationWPF Unknown WebApp Publish Error

Any ideas on how to fix this error?

Thanks
Updated on 2012-06-05T13:01:42Z at 2012-06-05T13:01:42Z by mburati
  • kevintap
    kevintap
    111 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unable to publish new project to WAS7

‏2011-09-14T21:21:43Z  in response to kellykerr
    Hi Kelly,

This error looks like a version mismatch involving jdom. WEF uses jdom internally to dynamically build various configuration files like web.xml and portlet.xml during the publish process. It looks like a version of jdom that WEF is not compatible with has already been loaded in the RAD environment. I'm not entirely sure where this incompatible version of jdom is being loaded from. Do you have a full stack trace of this exception available? If not, could you try running eclipse (RAD) using the -clean -debug -consolelog arguments to see if this provides more detail on the error.
    • kellykerr
      kellykerr
      11 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-16T15:13:14Z  in response to kevintap
      Hi.. I have added the additional flags, restarted RAD and try to publish the application with the same error. I do not see any additional information in the .mete/log file for console. Any other suggestions? Thanks
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        1493 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-05T04:16:43Z  in response to kellykerr
        I am also getting the same error. I created a project using WEF 7.0.1. Then I create the WEF archive. Now when I am importing the .zip into a new project created in WEF 8.0, I am getting the error.

Different versions w.r.t the New Project
        WAS 7.0
        WEF 8.0
        • mburati
          mburati
          423 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-05T13:01:42Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          When you export a WEF archive, be sure to only include the artifacts that you created yourself, not artifacts that come with the version of WEF that you're using in the project, or when you import that archive into another WEF project, you may overwrite newer versions of WEF with older versions of jars, base models, Javascript, templates etc.

..mb1