Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-09-15T18:17:19Z by mburati
PRDUSER
PRDUSER
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Fetching WSDL using Webservice multiple operation builder throws NPE

‏2011-09-13T22:40:37Z |
I am using WPF6.1.5 and Webservice multiple operation builder to Fetch WSDL operations

I have a WSDL file which interally includes xsd file which inturn includes another xsd file.

I created a directory Webcontent/web-inf/WSDL and copied WSDL and XSD files to the same directory. When I try to fetch by clicking fetch wsdl button, WPF throws

!ENTRY com.bowstreet.designer.ui 4 4 2011-09-13 13:59:14.837
!MESSAGE Coordinator
Error: 3 : Coordinator error.
java.lang.NullPointerException

Any Idea why it is happening? any work around please suggest.
Updated on 2011-09-15T18:17:19Z at 2011-09-15T18:17:19Z by mburati
  • mburati
    mburati
    352 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Fetching WSDL using Webservice multiple operation builder throws NPE

‏2011-09-14T13:13:17Z  in response to PRDUSER
    Try starting the designer with -debug -console and then looking in the console window that it leaves up for more exception information (eg, stack trace) when that error occurs.

What do the include stmts look like for the schema(s) being included from the same folder?

I believe there are at least 2 fixpacks out for 6.1.5, so you may want to try getting the latest fixpack for that release to be sure this isn't an issue that was already fixed (and to pick up any other fixes/improvements available for that release/version).

..mb1
    • PRDUSER
      PRDUSER
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-14T15:26:09Z  in response to mburati
      Schema include statments are like:
      in WSDL:
      <xsd:schema elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://abc.com/xyz">
      <xsd:include schemaLocation="a.xsd"/>
      </xsd:schema>
      inside a.xsd:

<import namespace="http://abc.com" schemaLocation="abc.xsd"/>
      • mburati
        mburati
        352 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-14T17:24:39Z  in response to PRDUSER
        Ok, that looks fairly reasonable.

What about the other suggestion though to start designer with -debug -console and get the stack trace that happens when that design time error occurs? That could help narrow down what it's doing when it hits that NPE.

If you can't get the stack trace and the latest fixpack doesn't help, you may want to contact support about this issue to have them have a WEF schema expert help track this down.

I still recommend being on the latest fixpack for whatever release you're on, to avoid running into already fixed issues of any type (although I don't know if there are any schema related fixes in the 6.1.5.x fixpacks), so when you have time, getting to the latest 6.1.5.x fixpack (eg, 6.1.5.2 or 6.1.5.3 if there is one) would be a good idea. Getting on a more recent release (there have been a couple releases since then - 7.0.1.1 is the latest) when you can would also be good...

..mb1
        • PRDUSER
          PRDUSER
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-15T17:38:09Z  in response to mburati
          running the WPF using -debug -console doesn't print anything in the console. I looked into the WFP workspace log and I see only the same error mentioned above. I tried in WPF 6.1.5.1 same error.
          • mburati
            mburati
            352 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-15T18:17:19Z  in response to PRDUSER
            I think there may have been at least one version of eclipse shipped with WPF where you had to use eclipsec.exe (note the extra c in the name) in order to use the command line switches for -debug -console instead of eclipse.exe

If that doesn't help, you may want to take this to support to get some dedicated help looking into the issue.

..mb1