Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-09-20T12:27:19Z by EKTK_NAGAVEL_RAJAGOPAL
EKTK_NAGAVEL_RAJAGOPAL
9 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WBE questions about clock events and WBE integration

‏2011-09-12T15:18:25Z |
Hi,
I am new to WBE. We have following business scenario.

There are two WBE instances WBE1 and WBE2.
WBE1 instance processes business events. WBE2 is used to check if business events arrive in WBE1 as per contract.
Example ( batchEvent should occur in WBE1 every day at 8 AM ). If an event doesn't arrive in WBE1 as per contract, WBE2 will have to send an error notification to application support team.

Let us consider the scenario from example(batchEvent should occur in WBE1 every day at 8 AM ).

1. WBE1 should be able to send an alert event to WBE2 when it receives and processes batchEvent. How do I make WBE1 to send EVENT packets to WBE2 without the need of any xslt transformation ? I can create an action from WBE1 and post this to a JMS topic and make WBE2 listen to this topic. But the message payload will be in Action format. I may have to do transformation before posting action from WBE1 to JMS topic.

2. In WBE2, I have defined a _clock and batchEvent event. In interaction set, clock event should occur every day at 8:30 and check the past occurrences of batchEvent. Since this is a complex filter, It has to be correlated to a contextId. So I created an intermediate object batchEventObject and associated it with batchEvent and _clock event. Since _clock event can't create intermediate object dynamically, all field constructors are constants. But the clock event doesn't seem to fire at the speicified time interval. But a sample clock event with out any intermediate object works fine. How do I make clock events with intermediate objects work ?
Updated on 2011-09-20T12:27:19Z at 2011-09-20T12:27:19Z by EKTK_NAGAVEL_RAJAGOPAL
  • WBE
    WBE
    99 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WBE questions about clock events and WBE integration

‏2011-09-19T07:44:19Z  in response to EKTK_NAGAVEL_RAJAGOPAL
    Hi Ektk,

For 1., I suspect all you need is to use Synthetic events http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wbevents/v7r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.wbe.appdev.doc%2Fdoc%2Fsyntheticevents.html&resultof=%22synthetic%22%20%22synthet%22%20%22event%22.

For 2., can't you make the clock event to initialize the intermediate object's contextId field with the value you want or am I miaainf something?
  • WBE
    WBE
    99 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-19T07:45:45Z  in response to EKTK_NAGAVEL_RAJAGOPAL
    I mean missing not "miaainf".
    • EKTK_NAGAVEL_RAJAGOPAL
      9 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-20T02:44:37Z  in response to WBE
      Hi WBE,
      Thanks for your reply. I am not sure, how I can use synthetic event to post event from one WBE to another WBE. Could you explain ?. This is what we are doing now.
      Perform XSL transformation in WBE1 to modify action message into event message format, post the action from WBE1 to a JMS queue.

I was able to make my Clock events work with intermidiate objects. Prviously I created a separate event object from clock event and constructed intermediate object.
      Example
      _Clock ( Touch Point) --> Clock Event --> Clock Object
      --> Event object --> Intermediate object.

I changed this to
      _Clock ( Touch Point) --> Clock Event --> Clock Object --> Intermediate object(All constructors are using constants).

It started working.
      • WBE
        WBE
        99 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-20T07:07:18Z  in response to EKTK_NAGAVEL_RAJAGOPAL
        Hi EKTK_NAGAVEL_RAJAGOPAL,

A synthentic event is basically an acton turned into an event by WBE runtime and placed on WBE internal eet processing queue. It doesn't send it to another WBE instance. Is it essential for you to do it in another WBE?

Regards
        • EKTK_NAGAVEL_RAJAGOPAL
          9 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-20T12:27:19Z  in response to WBE
          Hi WBE,
          Yeah, that is exactly my requirement. One WBE instance should be able to post event to another WBE instance. I know it is possible by posting action from WBE1 after XSLT transformation. But I am wondering, if it can be done without XSLT transformation. Because we are dealing with millions of events, doing XSLT transformation for each event is not something we want to do it.