2 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-09-07T16:39:26Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1305 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic generating class diagrams from my java source code

‏2011-09-06T20:06:28Z |
Hello -

Will someone please let me know if it is possible to use Rhapsody to generate class diagrams from java source code -and- if it is possible, how to do it.

I need to see the class structure of some java source code I was given to modify. So, I would like to generate class diagrams using Rhapsody but am unable to find how to do it. I made a new project and looked through all available menu options (top menu bar and right-click context menu)(at least it seemed like I looked through all of them).

Thanks.
Marie.
Updated on 2011-09-07T16:39:26Z at 2011-09-07T16:39:26Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: generating class diagrams from my java source code

‏2011-09-07T11:47:28Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello Marie,

Yes, it is possible!

In Rhapsody the process of taking existing code and visualize it in the model, called Reverse Engineering.
    Assuming you have license that enable Reverse Engineering -

Please find in the menu: Tools / Reverse Engineering
    It will open a dialog where you specify your code location and some more settings.
    1. Set in the Root Directory field, the path to folder that contains all the relevant java code
    2. See that "Populate Diagrams" is checked
    3. See the "Visualization and Code Update" is checked, this will allow you after you view the diagrams to make changes in the model and generate the java code to reflect your changes.

See also the Advanced button for additional settings.
    One imported thing is to specify CLASSPATH, you can do it in the Preprocessing tab, Add Symbol.

In the main dialog, press Start
    When the process end, you can find under each Package in the Browser, an Object Model Diagram with the classes of this package and the relations between them.

Enjoy
    Amit
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1305 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: generating class diagrams from my java source code

‏2011-09-07T16:39:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks, Amit. I got it to work. It sure helps.

Kind regards,
      Marie.