• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-11T15:54:56Z by llandale
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3180 Posts

Pinned topic DXL script or VBA macros for copy-paste word to doors

‏2011-09-05T08:34:51Z |
Dear Doors user's

someone post DXL script or VBA macros for coping data from word file and paste into Door's object. right now i am manually doing following steps.
1) Copy Heading & ObjectText from word file
2) Insert Object
3) Select Object Property
4) Paste Heading & ObjectText into Object

I want to avoid this manual work through DXL Script or VBA macros. someone give me solution for this automation.
Updated on 2013-01-11T15:54:56Z at 2013-01-11T15:54:56Z by llandale
  • OurGuest
    OurGuest
    163 Posts

Re: DXL script or VBA macros for copy-paste word to doors

‏2011-09-06T02:18:10Z  
    What you ask for isn't particularly easy to facilitate -- while the scripts are possible the real problem is in definining a user interface that would be useful.

Perhaps a better approach would be as follows.

Export your word document to a new scrap module. Then use the copy objects function that is already built into the DOORS GUI.

This approach would provide a user interface that would seem to me to be intuitive.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

Re: DXL script or VBA macros for copy-paste word to doors

‏2011-09-06T04:05:59Z  
    • OurGuest
    • ‏2011-09-06T02:18:10Z
    What you ask for isn't particularly easy to facilitate -- while the scripts are possible the real problem is in definining a user interface that would be useful.

Export your word document to a new scrap module. Then use the copy objects function that is already built into the DOORS GUI.

This approach would provide a user interface that would seem to me to be intuitive.
    OurGuest Thank you for this help
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

Need VBA macros for importing requirements from WORD to DOORS

‏2013-01-10T22:55:34Z  
    • OurGuest
    • ‏2011-09-06T02:18:10Z

Hi,
    I am facing issue in importing requirements from WORD to DOORS. When I import the requirements present in a tabular format in WORD, each row of the table appers in different DOORS line (DOORS id would be different) also I would like to import 2 paragraphs in same section under single DOOR id and not in different lines in DOORS. I want to avoid the manual work of editing the imported data in DOORS (Manually cut pasting the paragraphs in 2 seperate lines into same DOORS line or DOORS id)
    Is there a macro which can do this?? Please help.
  • Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    1984 Posts

Re: Need VBA macros for importing requirements from WORD to DOORS

‏2013-01-11T10:00:25Z  
    Hi,
    I am facing issue in importing requirements from WORD to DOORS. When I import the requirements present in a tabular format in WORD, each row of the table appers in different DOORS line (DOORS id would be different) also I would like to import 2 paragraphs in same section under single DOOR id and not in different lines in DOORS. I want to avoid the manual work of editing the imported data in DOORS (Manually cut pasting the paragraphs in 2 seperate lines into same DOORS line or DOORS id)
    I did something like that for Excel. A way of interactively importing stuff from Excel to DOORS by using macros, like "Import to new DOORS Object". It is pretty simple. From a word macro you grab a handle to the DOORS application using DOORS automation. You put the data you want to import to the oleResult property. Then you execute a small DXL script which will read the data from the ole result property and do the operation in DOORS that you want to do. If you need more help, just say.

Regards, Mathias

Mathias Mamsch, IT-QBase GmbH, Consultant for Requirement Engineering and D00RS
  • llandale
    llandale
    2986 Posts

Re: Need VBA macros for importing requirements from WORD to DOORS

‏2013-01-11T15:54:56Z  
    Hi,
    A Word EOL tells DOORS to end this object and start a new one. A word LF does not.
    • This is the 1st line of the 1st requirement. At the end of this line is a Line-Feed character.
    • This is the 2nd line of the 1st requirement. At the end of this line is a End-of-Line character.
    • This is the 1st line of the 2nd requirement. At the end of this line is a Line-Feed character.
    • This is the 2nd line of the 2nd requirement. At the end of this line is a End-of-Line character.

The above will import creating 2 DOORS objects.

In Word you should View all characters. Then use Find-Replace; replacing "\p" (an EOL character) with "\l" (Line-Feed character). Find-Next. Then individually either replace or skip each EOL character in the file.

-Louie