2 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-09-05T08:45:14Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
141 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WSRR V6.3 installtion

‏2011-09-04T06:24:51Z |
Hi all,

Using installall script to install WSRR V6.3 on a clustered AIX environment but discovered that all the resources are created on Cluster level but WSRR expects it on Cell level, any ideas why and what I can do to have WSRR installall scripts create it on the correct level?
Updated on 2011-09-05T08:45:14Z at 2011-09-05T08:45:14Z by SystemAdmin
  • NTBT_Kevin_Marsh
    NTBT_Kevin_Marsh
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WSRR V6.3 installtion

‏2011-09-05T08:15:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi there. Could you be a little more specific about which resources are expected at Cell scope? WSRR 6.3 has been in the field for some time and has undergone a significant amount of testing in clustered environments. I'm not aware of any problems with the scoping of the various resources. Usually, in a cluster, cluster scope is fine because all the relevant processes can see those resources.

If you can provide some more details I'll look into the issue you're having. It would be useful to know a little bit more about your cluster topology too.

Thanks,

Kevin. (WSRR L3)
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      141 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WSRR V6.3 installtion

‏2011-09-05T08:45:14Z  in response to NTBT_Kevin_Marsh
      Hi,

That is what I thought as well

We have a normal WAS V6.1 DMGR (node1) with a WAS V6.1 (Node2) cluster on another node.

All the resources are on WAS Cluster level, when we started the applciation, it could not see the JDBC resource, keeping in mind that the DB2 DB (node3) is on yet another node, all AIX.

I am correct in doing the installation on the DMGR machine, hey?

It was real wierd.....