Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-02-03T19:00:17Z by cweiss2
NehaSawant
NehaSawant
5 Posts

Pinned topic How to give API calls to cloud application using Cast Iron?

‏2011-08-25T19:21:22Z |
Cast Iron has connector only for salesforce.com. How can we cast iron to connect to other cloud applications? Has anyone ever tried that?
Updated on 2012-02-03T19:00:17Z at 2012-02-03T19:00:17Z by cweiss2
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    238 Posts

Re: How to give API calls to cloud application using Cast Iron?

‏2011-08-26T07:06:14Z  
    Hi,
    I don't understand why you are saying that Cast Iron "has connector only for salesforce.com". On top of the two Salesforce.com connectors, Cast Iron has connectors for SugarCRM, NetSuite, RightNow, Taleo, etc.
    If you cannot see them in Studio, you may want to go to Solution > Plugin Connectors and look for new connectors.

Regards,
    Magali
  • NehaSawant
    NehaSawant
    5 Posts

‏2011-08-26T07:28:19Z  
    No what i want to know is how to connect to cloud applications without using Cast Iron in built connector? How to connect to cloud applications for which we dont have in built connector in Cast Iron?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    238 Posts

‏2011-08-26T12:54:57Z  
    No what i want to know is how to connect to cloud applications without using Cast Iron in built connector? How to connect to cloud applications for which we dont have in built connector in Cast Iron?
    Hi,
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I guess this is something which is not yet available.
    Regards,
    Magali
  • NehaSawant
    NehaSawant
    5 Posts

‏2011-08-26T13:25:25Z  
    I was just wondering if that can be done using api's used for respective cloud applications.

Thanks for ur help!!
  • NehaSawant
    NehaSawant
    5 Posts

‏2011-08-29T09:51:59Z  
    I tried it & its working fine. Cloud application can be treated as a webservice & using api calls operations can be performed.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    238 Posts

‏2011-08-31T06:48:13Z  
    I tried it & its working fine. Cloud application can be treated as a webservice & using api calls operations can be performed.
    If you are talking about the Connector Developer Kit, this is a feature which will be available in the next release.

Regards,
    Magali
  • cweiss2
    cweiss2
    2 Posts

‏2012-02-03T19:00:17Z  
    You would want to consume the providers API with the web services or HTTP post connector.