Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-09-08T17:58:31Z by RobHough
RobHough
RobHough
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic SNMP Traps / Email Notifications

‏2011-08-25T19:18:00Z |
Is there a way to customize the data being sent via trap? Basically what we get now is a message stating there was a CENIT alert. It doesn't give us any other details that are useful to us, without us first going into the FSM console to investigate.

Also - is there a way to configure FSM to send email notifications on warnings?
Updated on 2011-09-08T17:58:31Z at 2011-09-08T17:58:31Z by RobHough
  • RobHough
    RobHough
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: SNMP Traps / Email Notifications

‏2011-08-26T20:27:02Z  in response to RobHough
    Well I see that all the data we want exists in the trap; just need to get it displayed somehow I suppose. Still trying to figure out how to get FSM to send email notifications on warnings though; but not having any real luck here.
    • not_ok
      not_ok
      19 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-08-26T20:40:42Z  in response to RobHough
      In FSM, under "FSM Administration", "Installer" tab, launch the installer for the "FileNet System Monitor Servers". Select "Set configuration variables" on the bottom. If you scroll down, you can see all the places to type in email addresses for alerts you would like to get.
      • RobHough
        RobHough
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-08T17:58:31Z  in response to not_ok
        Thanks not_ok, we have all of that configured already. What I was looking for, was how to configure FSM to notify via emai, when a warning alert is triggered. This is not FSM's default behavior and requires a bit of tweaking. With the help of IBM we were given a few options to try out. I will be attempting to get this setup later this afternoon actually.