4 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-08-23T21:19:53Z by Robort
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
48 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic AppScan Source - C++ syntax

‏2011-08-16T04:30:51Z |
Hi,

I'm trying to set up AppScan Source Edition to scan an existing (and rather large) C/C++ project. I've run into some problems regarding unrecognized symbols, such as wchar_t (which is, as far as I know, a built-in type).

My question is, what does AppScan Source Edition use to scan the C/C++ code? Which version of the C++ standard is it? How can I align it somehow with the version of GCC we've chosen for the project?

Thanks in advance,
Lachlan Hillman.
Updated on 2011-08-23T21:19:53Z at 2011-08-23T21:19:53Z by Robort
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    48 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: AppScan Source - C++ syntax

‏2011-08-16T05:24:39Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Also, the macro _WIN32 seems to be defined by default, which is causing major issues with the application I'm trying to scan. Is there some way undefine this macro?
  • Robort
    Robort
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-08-17T17:45:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    > I'm trying to set up AppScan Source Edition to scan an existing (and rather large) C/C++ project. I've run into some problems regarding unrecognized symbols, such as wchar_t (which is, as far as I know, a built-in type).

Hi, ANSI C defines wchar_t as an integral type defined via <stddef.h> (i.e. not built in.)
    You may be needing to configure the Include Path (as well as Preprocessor Definitions) on the Properties / Project Dependencies tab.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      48 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-08-23T04:39:21Z  in response to Robort
      Hi Robort,

Thanks for the response. The source code I'm scanning doesn't include stddef.h, because it's C++ code and wchar_t is a built-in type in C++.

Is there any way I can fix this error without changing the source code?

Thanks,
      Lachlan Hillman.
      • Robort
        Robort
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-08-23T21:19:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        > The source code I'm scanning doesn't include stddef.h, because it's C++ code and wchar_t is a built-in type in C++.
        > Is there any way I can fix this error without changing the source code?

Hi, yes - if you contact support, they can supply an option that should handle this.