• 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-08-17T14:35:37Z by GraemeIBM
4 Posts

Pinned topic Retrieve all data elements from a DB2 call using Data Field Modifier

‏2011-08-15T16:11:37Z |
I feel this should be an easy solution, but just can't find the answer, hopefully somebody can help.

I have a SQL Call/Service Operation to retrieve a set of data in one model. In my other model I have a Service Consumer, Page, and Data Page to get the data set and display it. I then have a Data Field Modifier on one of the columns which passes that column information to an Action List to perform some action.

Now the question, how do I get the other elements of the row that the user clicked on? In my Action List that is called from the Data Field Modifier I'd like to do something like this :

Assignment!Variables/MyVariable=${Variables/DataServiceResults/RowSet/Row/datafromcolumn1} - this returns only the first row from the result set, not the data from the row the user clicked

Assignment!Variables/MyVariable=${Variables/RowLoopVar/Row/datafromcolumn1} - this returns nothing

Getting the data from the column the user clicked on is easy enough, I want to get some of the other elements from that row of data...any ideas?

Updated on 2011-08-17T14:35:37Z at 2011-08-17T14:35:37Z by GraemeIBM
  • GraemeIBM
    4 Posts

Re: Retrieve all data elements from a DB2 call using Data Field Modifier

Ok, I have figured this out. I was going about it the wrong way, as it does not look like you can retrieve any more information of a row from the Data Field Modifier or the Data Page.

What I had to do, keep the same structure, but instead of a Data Page/Data Field Modifier to get the data, I used a View and Form builder to display the data and selected the "Specify an action to display data" so I am not using the Form part of "View and Form" builder - I am using my own Action List/Page. Then in the Action List I can reference the "Assignment!Variables/MyVariable=${Variables/ViewandForm_SelectedRowData/Row/DB2Column}" function and it works.

If there are other ways of doing this I'd be interested in hearing them, but this solution seems to work well for me given that I do not need other information on the page, just the DB2 table dump.