4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-09-30T15:40:00Z by MohanRS
kabr
kabr
11 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic user running a dxl script

‏2011-08-11T14:49:44Z |
Hi all,

is there a way to detect whether any user runs a dxl script via the "Edit DXL" menu?

Thanks in advance
Karl
Updated on 2011-08-14T00:36:49Z at 2011-08-14T00:36:49Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    346 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: user running a dxl script

‏2011-08-12T02:58:57Z  in response to kabr
    The short answer is "No" - are you wanting to stop users from running & editing DXL scripts? Is that the real underlying problem? If it is, then there are some other ways to do this depending on what version of DOORS you're using.

Paul Miller
    Melbourne, Australia
  • kabr
    kabr
    11 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-08-12T07:11:48Z  in response to kabr
    Yes, I want to prevent users from running/editing their own DXL, and I wanted to disable edit DXL rights.
    But then I got a lot of complaints: "We need ...", "Can't work without ..."
    On inquiry I don't get any real answers as to how many people "need" to use it, what kind of scripts and such. It seems that the topic is being escalated at the moment, and I am trying to get some arguments.
    That's why I was wondering if it's possible to maybe associate a callback or perhaps a trigger with the Edit DXL command that sends me an email with useful information.

Karl
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      346 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-08-14T00:36:49Z  in response to kabr
      So I assume from your last post that use of the "Edit DXL" power that can be assigned to each individual user to control their ability to edit & run DXL scripts from the DXL editor is no good?

As far as I know, there are no callbacks, at the DXL level at least, on events associated with the built in dialog windows such as the DXL Editor.

Paul Miller
      Melbourne, Australia
  • MohanRS
    MohanRS
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-30T15:40:00Z  in response to kabr

For Main menu:

If you want, you can remove the option of "EDIT_DXL menu" form C:\Program files\IBM\Rational\DOORS\9.5\lib\dxl\config\baseWindowMenu.inc

void createNewToolsMenu(){

//createItem editDXLItem

}

For sub menu:

formal.xml

//createItem editDXLItem