Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-02-19T19:15:31Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
38 Posts

Pinned topic Command Line 2 Adapter

‏2009-01-23T01:29:19Z |
Hello All,\nI have a business process to download files from and FTP site and extract the file to a folder on our network. I was told the Command Line 2 Adapter could let me launch an .exe file on another machine on our network. Can this be done and will the exe be executed on the GenTran server or the remote server?\nThanks \nMatt
Updated on 2009-02-19T19:15:31Z at 2009-02-19T19:15:31Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    38 Posts

RE: Command Line 2 Adapter

‏2009-02-18T19:18:20Z  
    Hello Matt,\n\nAny responses on this? I would like to do the same and was wondering if you got it working.\n\nJoe
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    38 Posts

‏2009-02-18T19:27:41Z  
    Hello Matt,\n\nAny responses on this? I would like to do the same and was wondering if you got it working.\n\nJoe
    Hello Joe,\n\nI have not gotten any feed back on this. I am still tring to get this to work. If you hear any thing please let me know. I will do the same. \n\nThanks \nMatt
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    38 Posts

‏2009-02-18T23:16:53Z  
    Hello Joe,\n\nI have not gotten any feed back on this. I am still tring to get this to work. If you hear any thing please let me know. I will do the same. \n\nThanks \nMatt
    Command line adapter works on any OS that supports Java.\nYou need to copy the CLA2CLIENT.jar from the /SterlingCommerce/SI/Clients folder and put it on the target system.\n\nThen you need to execute the following on the target:\n\njava -jar /path/to/CLA2/CLA2CLIENT.jar 12345\n\nwhere 12345 is any TCP/IP port number that isn't in use on the target computer....\n\nIn your BP, you then pass the command line, the IP or DNS name of the target computer and the port number you defined on the java statement. The executable should then run as expected. (There are a bunch of parms in the adapter, and some are pretty useful, but just a few will get most basic jobs done.)\n\nI've got this running on a couple of windows servers and on an IBM i system.\n\nHope this helps!\n\nPhil C
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    38 Posts

‏2009-02-19T19:15:31Z  
    Thanks Phil.\n\nI've gotten to this point, but it's timing out at the point it sends the command line 2 parms to the remote machine. It may be a IPS issue within our network. Thanks again for your help.\n\nJoe