Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-11-12T17:00:30Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
38 Posts

Pinned topic File archiving with multiple interchanges.

‏2009-11-11T21:29:10Z |
Hi,\n\nWe receive EDI files with multiple UNH & UNT segments. These run through Deenveloping service and each UNH/UNT pair kick off a child BP, so a single file can generate multiple business processes.\n\nIn part of the child BP, we need to archive the original file to a file system. However, this causes the original file to be saved multiple times whereas we only want the file to be saved once.\n\nDoes anyone have any suggestions ?\n\nThank you.\nSylvain
Updated on 2009-11-12T17:00:30Z at 2009-11-12T17:00:30Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    38 Posts

RE: File archiving with multiple interchanges.

‏2009-11-12T14:20:04Z  
    Hi Sylvain,\n\nyou should archive the Original file in the Deenveloping BP.\nThan it is only saved once. \n\nOtherwise you have to check if the filename in the destination already exists and don\u00B4t override the file then.\n\nregards\nGuido
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    38 Posts

RE: File archiving with multiple interchanges.

‏2009-11-12T17:00:30Z  
    Hi Sylvain,\n\nyou should archive the Original file in the Deenveloping BP.\nThan it is only saved once. \n\nOtherwise you have to check if the filename in the destination already exists and don\u00B4t override the file then.\n\nregards\nGuido
    Hi Guido,\n\nThank you for your answer.\n\nUnfortunately, we can't update the Deenveloping BP as we need extra information to put the file in the correct directory which we only get in child BPs.\n\nYour other solution of checking if the file already exists seems fine to me, but I had a look at this with another developer and we have absolutely no idea on how to do it without making the child BP a lot bigger using more system time to process the data.\n\nWould you please be able to give me few clues on this ?\n\nThanks by advance.\n\nRegards,\nSylvain