Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-03-04T15:28:00Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9224 Posts

Pinned topic sMash scale-up, sMash vs. Wink

‏2011-03-01T21:25:39Z |
NOTE: this thread was migrated from projectzero.org. Some content and formatting may have been lost in the move.

Originally posted by projectzero userid: davidloe - f=6&t=2282#p9314
I am interested in setting up some web services that may have to handle large volumes of users. I don't need to worry about UI development, just service development. sMash appeals to me because of some of its built-in capabilities (simpler syntax, integration with Ivy, etc.) but I'm worried about how it will scale. For example, can I deploy sMash in a cluster or repackage Java/Groovy-based sMash applications as WARs?

Does anyone have experience with both sMash and Wink?
Updated on 2011-03-04T15:28:00Z at 2011-03-04T15:28:00Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9224 Posts

Re: sMash scale-up, sMash vs. Wink

‏2011-03-04T15:28:00Z  

Originally posted by projectzero userid: jeffo - f=6&t=2282#p9317
    We cannot repackage sMash apps as WARs. We put up a proof of technology last year called the packager (Link: http://www.projectzero.org/packager/) that would decompose a sMash app into an EAR, and allow deployment in a WAS environment. Not being updated/maintained/supported, but its there to play with and gather feedback.

You could put a cluster of sMash nodes behind a balancer of some sort, being careful of session/user storage and the like. Atomic service transactions should be fine.

I have no experience with wink. Can't comment on that.