Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-01-05T16:13:44Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9224 Posts

Pinned topic Application Builder running on more browser types

‏2008-05-19T16:55:07Z |
NOTE: this thread was migrated from projectzero.org. Some content and formatting may have been lost in the move.

Originally posted by projectzero userid: steveims - f=4&t=970#p4039
Our first pass with the Application Builder was focused on Firefox 2. We've been broadening that support to include Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 3.x (we're using 3.1.1), as well as Firefox 3 (currently 3rc1).

Known defects related to browser type are summarized on the 14dyeo38 page.

If you run into problems related to browser type, then please open a defect that blocks bug 4944 -- so that your defect will also appear in the summary table.

We welcome your feedback. Thanks!
Updated on 2012-01-05T16:13:44Z at 2012-01-05T16:13:44Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9224 Posts

Re: Application Builder running on more browser types

‏2012-01-05T09:18:31Z  
    Hi, I am working with smash DE 1.1.1.5, and I am trying to open the appbuilder in IE 7.
    I get the Appbuilder opening message, but there are a few javascript errors, and the IDE does not load.
    Please let me know if work on additional browser support ie7 have been completed - or if I need to set something up for it to work on IE 7.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9224 Posts

Re: Application Builder running on more browser types

‏2012-01-05T16:13:44Z  
    Hi, I am working with smash DE 1.1.1.5, and I am trying to open the appbuilder in IE 7.
    I get the Appbuilder opening message, but there are a few javascript errors, and the IDE does not load.
    Please let me know if work on additional browser support ie7 have been completed - or if I need to set something up for it to work on IE 7.
    Hi Santosh,
    We started down the path to try and get equivalent AppBuilder functionality between Firefox and IE, and fixed a lot of bugs, but we never reached full compatibility with IE. We still claim only Firefox as a "supported" browser ("recommended" is a better word choice). Much of the AppBuilder function does work on other browsers, but you will find more headaches with IE, Chrome and Safari than with Firefox.