Topic
  • 14 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-06-11T11:30:26Z by kimaximokonnect
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts

Pinned topic Escalation on Worklog updates

‏2011-08-03T07:00:45Z |
Need to send the email notification whenever worklog field in SR will get updated. I followed the below link to associate the roles with escalation
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21388381

Here what I have to give in escalation condition for which object?

I tried with escalation condition as :ticketid= :record where object as worklog
and escalation point as createdate.

Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2012-11-20T18:18:12Z at 2012-11-20T18:18:12Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

Re: Escalation on Worklog updates

‏2011-08-26T11:14:40Z  
    I followed the below steps and it worksout for me.

Create an Escalation with a main Condition which finds all viewable WorkLogs:

clientviewable = 1 and createdate < 1

In Escalation Point 1

class in (select value from synonymdomain where domainid='TKCLASS')

this condition looks the ticket record from the worklog table using references.
    create Communication Template as per above link.

It will send a notification when a worklog is added and checked as viewable and looks the existing worklog is checked viewable less than a day.
  • scisys
    scisys
    53 Posts

‏2011-09-07T05:57:57Z  
    I followed the below steps and it worksout for me.

Create an Escalation with a main Condition which finds all viewable WorkLogs:

clientviewable = 1 and createdate < 1

In Escalation Point 1

class in (select value from synonymdomain where domainid='TKCLASS')

this condition looks the ticket record from the worklog table using references.
    create Communication Template as per above link.

It will send a notification when a worklog is added and checked as viewable and looks the existing worklog is checked viewable less than a day.
    The posted link https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21388381 doesn't work for me, has anyone an alternate url for this?

Thank you!
    Chris
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2011-09-07T06:44:50Z  
    • scisys
    • ‏2011-09-07T05:57:57Z
    The posted link https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21388381 doesn't work for me, has anyone an alternate url for this?

Thank you!
    Chris
    How can I setup TSRM so that every time a user adds a worklog to a ticket, an email is sent out to the ticket requester?
    Answer
    To send an email to the ticket requester every time a user adds a worklog to a ticket, you will need to create an Escalation. However, in addition to an escalation, a Role definition to do a lookup on the ticket to find the requester is also needed.

This is the role you will want to use. The key is the Value. Out of the box, there is a Relationship set up on the Worklog Object called Ticket that goes back to the record the log entry was created against. Relationships are found in the Database Configuration application. In the Database Configuration application, make Worklog a Main Object by checking the Main Object checkbox, save, shut down the Maximo application server, and run configdb. You need to do this to get Worklog to show up in the list of Objects on Roles as you can see in the above screen shot..

You can select Reportedby, Affectedperson, or any other field with a Person record in it. Make sure not to check E-mail, if you do, it says that the value in the field is a real email address (eg: name@corp.com) and Maximo will not do the normal lookup on the Person record to find the email address you put on the Person record. Once this is done, Save the Role. Use this Role on the Recipients tab on the Communication Template that the Escalation is sending.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-11-15T08:12:58Z  
    How can I setup TSRM so that every time a user adds a worklog to a ticket, an email is sent out to the ticket requester?
    Answer
    To send an email to the ticket requester every time a user adds a worklog to a ticket, you will need to create an Escalation. However, in addition to an escalation, a Role definition to do a lookup on the ticket to find the requester is also needed.

This is the role you will want to use. The key is the Value. Out of the box, there is a Relationship set up on the Worklog Object called Ticket that goes back to the record the log entry was created against. Relationships are found in the Database Configuration application. In the Database Configuration application, make Worklog a Main Object by checking the Main Object checkbox, save, shut down the Maximo application server, and run configdb. You need to do this to get Worklog to show up in the list of Objects on Roles as you can see in the above screen shot..

You can select Reportedby, Affectedperson, or any other field with a Person record in it. Make sure not to check E-mail, if you do, it says that the value in the field is a real email address (eg: name@corp.com) and Maximo will not do the normal lookup on the Person record to find the email address you put on the Person record. Once this is done, Save the Role. Use this Role on the Recipients tab on the Communication Template that the Escalation is sending.
    Hi, I had gone through the thread

I made the escalation
    with Applies to as WORKLOG
    Condition :clientviewable = 1 and :createdate > current timestamp - 1 day and :class ='SR'
    and escalation point 1
    :class in (select value from synonymdomain where :domainid='TKCLASS')
    but didn't work for me .secondly when making the role for email template , i couldn't find WORKLOG in the Object drop down list in Role application (snap attached)

kindly help us in this
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-11-15T20:51:16Z  
    Hi, I had gone through the thread

I made the escalation
    with Applies to as WORKLOG
    Condition :clientviewable = 1 and :createdate > current timestamp - 1 day and :class ='SR'
    and escalation point 1
    :class in (select value from synonymdomain where :domainid='TKCLASS')
    but didn't work for me .secondly when making the role for email template , i couldn't find WORKLOG in the Object drop down list in Role application (snap attached)

kindly help us in this
    Hello SA-01,

I am working on this same setup. i got the escalation to work but now i am trying to create a Role (since i want the email update to go to the service requestor). My Communication template is apply to WORKLOG and a new role is needed for affecteduser.

The WORKLOG will will not show up in the Object because you have to make it a MAIN OBJECT. To do this, you can go to Database Configuration and find WORKLOG, then check box for main object. The next part is the run configbd but i dont know how to do that part. if you happen to know please let me know as well. After this, you should see WORKLOG in the Object drop down.

Hope this help,
    Mr.Oat
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-11-16T04:57:34Z  
    Hello SA-01,

I am working on this same setup. i got the escalation to work but now i am trying to create a Role (since i want the email update to go to the service requestor). My Communication template is apply to WORKLOG and a new role is needed for affecteduser.

The WORKLOG will will not show up in the Object because you have to make it a MAIN OBJECT. To do this, you can go to Database Configuration and find WORKLOG, then check box for main object. The next part is the run configbd but i dont know how to do that part. if you happen to know please let me know as well. After this, you should see WORKLOG in the Object drop down.

Hope this help,
    Mr.Oat
    Hi Oat,

Thanks for the help.i successfully made the Role following your procedure but after that when escalation is not working as expected, it triggers and shows the last run time as well but doesn't send the email .it seems like maybe the condition is not correct .Kindly go through the condition statements in the snap attached .Note : Database here is DB2
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-11-16T22:43:45Z  
    Hi Oat,

Thanks for the help.i successfully made the Role following your procedure but after that when escalation is not working as expected, it triggers and shows the last run time as well but doesn't send the email .it seems like maybe the condition is not correct .Kindly go through the condition statements in the snap attached .Note : Database here is DB2
    Hello SA-01,

No problem, I forgot to mention i did not use the exact escalation to get it going.

Under the condition i use this
    worklog.class ='workorder' and worklog.createdate >= '20121114 00:00:00'

I put the date there because without this, it gave me every worklog created so be sure not to spam everyone :)
    You can use the date you want to start this email to happen.

Also, i did not use Class='SR' since i only want to email the requestor for update logs done by our maintenence staff.

Escalation Point Condition
    CREATEDATE >= DATEADD(n,-60,getdate())

What is your communication template looks like?
    Also, How did you do the configdb part to work?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-11-19T05:09:11Z  
    Hello SA-01,

No problem, I forgot to mention i did not use the exact escalation to get it going.

I put the date there because without this, it gave me every worklog created so be sure not to spam everyone :)

Also, i did not use Class='SR' since i only want to email the requestor for update logs done by our maintenence staff.

Hi ,
    Thanks for the help MrOat.

Database we are using here is DB2 and the escalation point query i.e CREATEDATE >= DATEADD(n,-60,getdate())
    doesn't seem to be for DB2 as it is not being validated properly.

Whereas for the communication template , snap is attached , it is simple communication template,not much information has been added in it yet.Is there any other action that we can check whether this escalation is working or not.
    For configdb, i go to System Configuration --> Platform Configuration --> Database Configuration then select action and Manage Admin Mode then turn Admin Mode On then Click Apply Configuration Changes after which turn off Admin Mode.

Regards,
    SA
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-11-19T18:14:53Z  
    Hi ,
    Thanks for the help MrOat.

Database we are using here is DB2 and the escalation point query i.e CREATEDATE >= DATEADD(n,-60,getdate())
    doesn't seem to be for DB2 as it is not being validated properly.

Whereas for the communication template , snap is attached , it is simple communication template,not much information has been added in it yet.Is there any other action that we can check whether this escalation is working or not.
    For configdb, i go to System Configuration --> Platform Configuration --> Database Configuration then select action and Manage Admin Mode then turn Admin Mode On then Click Apply Configuration Changes after which turn off Admin Mode.

Regards,
    SA
    Hello SA,

May i suggest to use your email on the recipients TO: instead of the SENDER that you have made. Just to check on the escalation.

What i did was 1)create the escalation as i listed. 2)attach the template similar to yours. 3) went to random WO and add a log. 4)wait 2 mins and i got the email to myself. M

Have you tested your escalation that way? also make sure the CLASS worklog is 'SR' or in my case it is 'WORKORDER' for when you add the worklog in the actual WO.

Did you use the same condition as i posted?

Test it out with todays date for CREATEDATE so that if doesnt email you every log people input if the escalation does work.
    For the configdb. do i need to restart server after apply changes?

Thanks, hope this help.
    Oat
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-11-19T18:43:35Z  
    Hello SA,

May i suggest to use your email on the recipients TO: instead of the SENDER that you have made. Just to check on the escalation.

What i did was 1)create the escalation as i listed. 2)attach the template similar to yours. 3) went to random WO and add a log. 4)wait 2 mins and i got the email to myself. M

Have you tested your escalation that way? also make sure the CLASS worklog is 'SR' or in my case it is 'WORKORDER' for when you add the worklog in the actual WO.

Did you use the same condition as i posted?

Test it out with todays date for CREATEDATE so that if doesnt email you every log people input if the escalation does work.
    For the configdb. do i need to restart server after apply changes?

Thanks, hope this help.
    Oat
    SA,

i found the configdb doc. it's just like you said. thansk again.

let me know what you come up with the escalation

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v50r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.mbs.doc%2Fconfigur%2Ft_config_command_line_mode.html
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-11-20T06:51:12Z  
    SA,

i found the configdb doc. it's just like you said. thansk again.

let me know what you come up with the escalation

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v50r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.mbs.doc%2Fconfigur%2Ft_config_command_line_mode.html
    Hi,

Glad to know my procedure helped you. No need to restart the server after configdb.

the escalation point query is not being validated for us,

it seems that you have SQL database as back end DB , is that so ?
    Whereas we have DB2 ,kindly clarify this point?
    can we let the escalation point be empty , will it be fine then?

Regards,
    SA
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-11-20T18:18:12Z  
    Hi,

Glad to know my procedure helped you. No need to restart the server after configdb.

the escalation point query is not being validated for us,

it seems that you have SQL database as back end DB , is that so ?
    Whereas we have DB2 ,kindly clarify this point?
    can we let the escalation point be empty , will it be fine then?

Regards,
    SA
    SA,

Sorry i forgot to tell you that we use Microsoft SQL Server. The escalation point can be empty but you need to make sure you have some date/time in the main Condition. Or you will have a lot of worklog update send to someone.

The escalation point condition only further out your main escalation. So if the condition are met, then it trigger your action.

I have createdate >='today date' as part of my condition so there isnt a need for the extra.

I recomend you test this out with your own email first before the actual requestor group in the communication template. Let me know if it all work out for you.
  • wertzee
    wertzee
    9 Posts

‏2013-08-16T15:44:28Z  
    Hello SA-01,

Hope this help,
    Mr.Oat

Hi, are there any considerations when making something a "main object" that we need to be aware of?

KW

• kimaximokonnect
    kimaximokonnect
    13 Posts

‏2014-06-11T11:30:26Z  
    Hello SA-01,

I am having db2.When used  CREATEDATE >= DATEADD(n,-60,getdate()) in Escalation, it is not working.

Escalation is failing validation.

​What can be the exact syntax for this to work in db2