Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-08-02T01:02:00Z by rjswart
rjswart
rjswart
2 Posts

Pinned topic problem with the compare task

‏2011-07-27T21:22:47Z |
I'm trying to use VCE to compare WebSphere configurations but I can't seem to get the vce.compare to pick up my filterSet. Here's what I've done:
1. created a new work space
2. added a configuration called "stage"
3. added a configuration called "prod"
4. ran a compare and saw 221 differences
5. marked a number of differences as acceptable and added the existing WAS filters, so there are 94 differences left
6. saved the compare operation as "prod"
7. I run the following script:


<?xml version=
"1.0" encoding=
"utf-8"?> <project name=
"compare-automation-example" basedir=
"." default=
"main"> <target name=
"main" depends=
"loadWorkspace"> <vce.compare workspace=
"ws1" exportFile=
"compareresult.xml" filterSet=
"prod"> <vce.objset typePattern=
"WebSphere\.Provider" /> </vce.compare> </target> <target name=
"loadWorkspace"> <echo>Loading a workspace</echo> <vce.loadWorkspace name=
"ws1" file=
"compare.vce" /> </target> </project>


The output shows 221 differences not the 94 I expected. Can anyone help me with this?
Updated on 2011-08-02T01:02:00Z at 2011-08-02T01:02:00Z by rjswart
  • JPerry
    JPerry
    11 Posts

    Re: problem with the compare task

    ‏2011-08-02T00:20:59Z  
    Sounds like you may be facing same problem I had, which was solved by placing the .filters file with your filter set "prod", into a <VCE_HOME>/vce/startup directory. I found this was documented in the "VCEHeadlessRuntimeReadme.txt".
  • rjswart
    rjswart
    2 Posts

    Re: problem with the compare task

    ‏2011-08-02T01:02:00Z  
    • JPerry
    • ‏2011-08-02T00:20:59Z
    Sounds like you may be facing same problem I had, which was solved by placing the .filters file with your filter set "prod", into a <VCE_HOME>/vce/startup directory. I found this was documented in the "VCEHeadlessRuntimeReadme.txt".
    Thanks for the response. Yes, I did miss that in the documentation. I put it in the startup subdirectory and it solved the problem.