Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-07-21T15:21:06Z by _Martin_
_Martin_
_Martin_
8 Posts

Pinned topic Activity records missing for custom relationship target updates?

‏2011-07-20T21:53:09Z |
Hi,

I have an entity with a custom relationship targeting a document, usually an XLS file. I'd like to keep track of changes in that relationship with the Activity tab, but it looks like there are some limitations:

1. If a document is added and changes are saved, there is a log entry in the activity tab: 'Added "detail1.xls" as a target of relationship "Explanation".'

2. If a document is removed and changes are saved, there is a log entry in the activity tab: 'Removed "detail1.xls" as a target of relationship "Explanation".'

3. If a document is replaced by another and changes are saved, there is no log entry in the activity tab saying that the target document has changed.

4. If a document is removed, a new one is added and changes are saved, there is no log entry in the activity tab saying that the target document has changed.
Use cases 3 and 4 don't have a behavior I'd expect. Are they bugs? Do they come from a known limitation or feature? What can be done to have a log entry in the activity tab when a custom relationship target is updated?
Regards,
Martin
Customized basic profile @ WSRR v7.0 FP4 + DB2 9.7 FP2
Updated on 2011-07-21T15:21:06Z at 2011-07-21T15:21:06Z by _Martin_
  • pdrowley
    pdrowley
    4 Posts

Re: Activity records missing for custom relationship target updates?

‏2011-07-21T10:47:26Z  
    Hi Martin

I've done some checking. This was something that has been fixed on the latest release (7.5)

Regards

Phil
  • _Martin_
    _Martin_
    8 Posts

Re: Activity records missing for custom relationship target updates?

‏2011-07-21T15:21:06Z  
    Thanks for your answer, Phil.