• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-08-09T14:33:07Z by izhd
izhd
izhd
17 Posts

Pinned topic Configuration Admin Service

‏2011-07-14T04:34:33Z |
Hello,

I have a question about Configuration Admin Service implementation in OSGi feature pack.
If I understand correctly, we can add arise namespace in blueprint.xml and define something like

<cm:property-placeholder id="myblueprint.placeholder" persistent-id="test.blueprint">
<!-- list some properties for this test -->
<cm:default-properties>
<cm:property name="result" value="mock:result"/>
</cm:default-properties>
</cm:property-placeholder>
than we can use bean property = ${result} to set bean property.
the cm:property-placeholder bean is associated with the test.blueprint persistent ID, where a persistent ID is the standard way of referencing a group of related properties from the OSGi Configuration Adminn service. In other words, the cm:property-placeholder bean provides access to all of the properties defined under the test.blueprint persistent ID. It is also possible to specify default values for some of the properties (using the nested cm:property elements).

That's fine, but where Configuration Admin Service gets that configuration? For example if I need to read configuration from database, how would I do that?

Thanks,
Igor
Updated on 2011-08-09T14:33:07Z at 2011-08-09T14:33:07Z by izhd
  • MarkN
    MarkN
    124 Posts

Re: Configuration Admin Service

‏2011-07-15T14:11:29Z  
    Hello Igor,
    I'm sorry but we do not yet provide a ConfigAdmin implementation to WebSphere OSGi applications. A specification for Blueprint/ConfigAdmin integration is still under development within the OSGi Alliance.

Regards,
    Mark
  • izhd
    izhd
    17 Posts

‏2011-07-15T15:23:05Z  
    • MarkN
    • ‏2011-07-15T14:11:29Z
    Hello Igor,
    I'm sorry but we do not yet provide a ConfigAdmin implementation to WebSphere OSGi applications. A specification for Blueprint/ConfigAdmin integration is still under development within the OSGi Alliance.

Regards,
    Mark
    Hello Mark,

So does it mean that Aries <cm:property-placeholder> is not supported either?

Thanks,
    Igor
  • MarkN
    MarkN
    124 Posts

‏2011-08-09T12:58:40Z  
    • izhd
    • ‏2011-07-15T15:23:05Z
    Hello Mark,

So does it mean that Aries <cm:property-placeholder> is not supported either?

Thanks,
    Igor
    Igor,
    I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your question. Aries cm:property-placeholder does not make sense in WAS yet, since we do not provide ConfigAdmin integration.

Regards,
    Mark
  • izhd
    izhd
    17 Posts

‏2011-08-09T14:33:07Z  
    • MarkN
    • ‏2011-08-09T12:58:40Z
    Igor,
    I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your question. Aries cm:property-placeholder does not make sense in WAS yet, since we do not provide ConfigAdmin integration.

Regards,
    Mark
    Thanks Mark