Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-07-13T08:07:09Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1545 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Open/close/change projects in TestManager v7.0.1.12

‏2011-07-12T10:19:31Z |
Hi everyone,

I know this might seem like a silly question, but can somebody tell me how to change projects in TestManager v7.0.1.12?

First I created about 15 different projects in Rational Administrator. When I first launched TM it asked me which project I wanted to open. But now, when I launch TM, it launches with the initial project. I cannot see any option in TM to open/close projects. I even looked in RA. I connected to another project and lauched TM from within RA but to no avail. It still launches with the initial project.

Can anyone help me please?
Jayesh Patel
Test Engineer
IECISA
jayesh_patel@ieci.es
Updated on 2011-07-13T08:07:09Z at 2011-07-13T08:07:09Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1545 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Open/close/change projects in TestManager v7.0.1.12

‏2011-07-12T12:25:39Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Jayesh,
    Check this things at the desktop:
    1. Rational Functional Tester is running. RFT might have been started with login to some TM project, In that case TM will not login again
    2. Rational Robot is already running and logged into that first project area
    3. Rational Manual Test is logged into it?
    4. Some background process (RTM's exit was not clean) did not close. In that case you may have to kill that process or restart the machine. See for process with rt*.exe

I hope it helps.

-|- Pramod K Chandoria
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1545 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-07-12T13:29:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Pramod,

I am using Rational TM with Rational Robot 7.0.1.12.

RFT is 100% not running. RMT is 100% not running. Robot is 100% not running. There are no processes like rt*.exe.

So there's nothing running but when I start TM or RR they both start in the initial project.

May it have something to do with Rational Administrator?
      Jayesh Patel
      Test Engineer
      IECISA
      jayesh_patel@ieci.es
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1545 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-07-13T08:07:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Pramod,

I finally solved the mystery!

It took a good, hard look at the Windows services that were running and saw 'IBM Tivoli Monitoring for Transaction Performance'. I stopped that service and voila! When I restarted TM, it asked me which project I wanted to open.

Thanx for your input.

Jay