IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-08-02T09:07:52Z by mikeFT
mikeFT
mikeFT
8 Posts

Pinned topic Adding pie charts to maps using actionscript

‏2011-07-08T10:23:23Z |
Hi,

I need to add pie charts to a map, but don't want to do it using MXML as it is slowing down my application, so I want to add them with Actionscript. I have been unable to achieve this so far. Attached is what I've been trying to do. I can't seem to add the pie charts to each map feature which seems like the intuitive route to me.

Thanks,
Mike
Updated on 2011-08-02T09:07:52Z at 2011-08-02T09:07:52Z by mikeFT
  • eaullas
    eaullas
    2 Posts

Re: Adding pie charts to maps using actionscript

‏2011-07-11T13:48:33Z  
    Hi Mike,

Can you specify the version of elixir that you are using ? (I guess 2.5 if I remember correctly from another post you wrote ?)

As for adding the legend on top of the heatmap, I do not think that adding your pie charts as children of map features would be the way to go.

Have you had a look at sales.mxml demo (provided that you do use Elixir 2.5) ? It features a map dashboard with pie charts overlay.

The idea is to use the 'symbols' property of the map component. You would create your array of MapSymbol instances (acting as a wrappers of your pie charts), one for each map feature, and set the array as 'symbols' on the map.

See createSymbol3D() function in sales.mxml sample to get more details on how to achieve this.
    Hope this helps,

Erwan
  • mikeFT
    mikeFT
    8 Posts

‏2011-07-28T15:53:48Z  
    • eaullas
    • ‏2011-07-11T13:48:33Z
    Hi Mike,

Can you specify the version of elixir that you are using ? (I guess 2.5 if I remember correctly from another post you wrote ?)

As for adding the legend on top of the heatmap, I do not think that adding your pie charts as children of map features would be the way to go.

Have you had a look at sales.mxml demo (provided that you do use Elixir 2.5) ? It features a map dashboard with pie charts overlay.

The idea is to use the 'symbols' property of the map component. You would create your array of MapSymbol instances (acting as a wrappers of your pie charts), one for each map feature, and set the array as 'symbols' on the map.

See createSymbol3D() function in sales.mxml sample to get more details on how to achieve this.
    Hope this helps,

Erwan
    Hi Erwan,

Thanks for the great response. We've actually decided to put the pie charts on the back burner for now but may want them in the future so I'd like to make sure I can get them working. Can you tell me where I can find Sales.mxml please?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • MDurocher
    MDurocher
    138 Posts

‏2011-07-29T08:43:01Z  
    • mikeFT
    • ‏2011-07-28T15:53:48Z
    Hi Erwan,

Thanks for the great response. We've actually decided to put the pie charts on the back burner for now but may want them in the future so I'd like to make sure I can get them working. Can you tell me where I can find Sales.mxml please?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Hi,

You will find the sample under the 'samples' directory of the distribution. On my machine it is located at C:\Program Files\IBM\ILOG\Elixir 2.5\samples\sales and the source files are in the src directory.

Hope this helps,

Marc
  • mikeFT
    mikeFT
    8 Posts

‏2011-08-02T09:07:52Z  
    • MDurocher
    • ‏2011-07-29T08:43:01Z
    Hi,

You will find the sample under the 'samples' directory of the distribution. On my machine it is located at C:\Program Files\IBM\ILOG\Elixir 2.5\samples\sales and the source files are in the src directory.

Hope this helps,

Marc
    Hi Marc,

That's great, there's plenty for me to go through in there. Thanks a lot!

Regards,
    Mike