• 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-16T08:44:35Z by live_life
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
30895 Posts

Pinned topic WebDav: "HTTP: Connection attempt failed" on some files

‏2011-07-07T15:46:51Z |
Hi,

I am working on a custom pagebuilder theme and skin for Portal 7. For some reason I am unable to download the localized_xx.properties files from the default skins directories.
My webdav client is returning "HTTP: Connection attempt failed" errors on those files.

I am using BitKinex 3.2.3 to connect to my local development server. My portal server is not logging any of these errors, so I don't know how to solve these issues.
My portal server is running version 7.0.0.1 CF15.

Does anyone have any ideas about this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Stijn
Updated on 2012-04-16T08:44:35Z at 2012-04-16T08:44:35Z by live_life
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

Re: WebDav: "HTTP: Connection attempt failed" on some files

‏2011-07-07T16:25:46Z  
    Hi,

can you please try if it works with another WebDav client, like e.g. www.anyclient.com ?

Sven

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

‏2011-07-08T08:13:39Z  
    Hi,

can you please try if it works with another WebDav client, like e.g. www.anyclient.com ?

Sven

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.
    Hi Sven,

I have tried several WebDav clients, BitKinex was the only client which was able to connect and display the theme files and folders.

Just downloaded AnyClient, but there were no options to select the folder to connect to. I have to connect to "/wps/mycontenthandler/dav/skinlist/all/" and "/wps/mycontenthandler/dav/themelist/all/". When connecting to the root of the server, it gives "Unable to connect to server" errors.

The server log does not seem to report anything about these issues.

Stijn
  • fang
    fang
    769 Posts

‏2011-07-08T10:01:53Z  
    Hi Sven,

I have tried several WebDav clients, BitKinex was the only client which was able to connect and display the theme files and folders.

Just downloaded AnyClient, but there were no options to select the folder to connect to. I have to connect to "/wps/mycontenthandler/dav/skinlist/all/" and "/wps/mycontenthandler/dav/themelist/all/". When connecting to the root of the server, it gives "Unable to connect to server" errors.

The server log does not seem to report anything about these issues.

Stijn
    When you said local server, did you use localhost? Did you try the fully qualified hostname, or IP address?

-FF

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of IBM.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

‏2011-07-08T11:14:11Z  
    • fang
    • ‏2011-07-08T10:01:53Z
    When you said local server, did you use localhost? Did you try the fully qualified hostname, or IP address?

-FF

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of IBM.
    I used Localhost yes.

Settings
    Server address: localhost:10039
    Sitemap: /wps/mycontenthandler/dav/skinlist/all/
  • fang
    fang
    769 Posts

‏2011-07-08T21:33:13Z  
    I used Localhost yes.

Settings
    Server address: localhost:10039
    Sitemap: /wps/mycontenthandler/dav/skinlist/all/
    Have you tried the fully qualified hostname, if any, or the IP address? It sounds like a network addressing problem.

-FF

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

‏2011-07-11T08:15:25Z  
    • fang
    • ‏2011-07-08T21:33:13Z
    Have you tried the fully qualified hostname, if any, or the IP address? It sounds like a network addressing problem.

-FF

I have also tried using the fully qualified host name, which gives the same result. Some files can be downloaded, other files can't. I have also tried to connect to another Portal server of one of our customers. From this server I was able download 2 out of the 31 missing files.

Since those files only contain the theme name translated in every language, I can guess the contents of the files and create them myself. But it worries me that certain files will become unaccessible as soon as they are placed on webdav.

I have attached a log from my webdav client. All I understand from reading the log is that it tries to connect several times to download the file, but gets disconnected.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

‏2011-11-16T18:43:26Z  
    I have also tried using the fully qualified host name, which gives the same result. Some files can be downloaded, other files can't. I have also tried to connect to another Portal server of one of our customers. From this server I was able download 2 out of the 31 missing files.

Since those files only contain the theme name translated in every language, I can guess the contents of the files and create them myself. But it worries me that certain files will become unaccessible as soon as they are placed on webdav.

I have attached a log from my webdav client. All I understand from reading the log is that it tries to connect several times to download the file, but gets disconnected.
    Hi I'm getting the same problem with downloading the localized_xx.properties files.

The following are my results:

- BitKinex: All file are downloaded just fine with the exception of the localized_xx.properties files.
    When BitKinex attempts to download these files it goes for an infinite loop in which it keeps
    connecting and disconnecting forever.

- CyberDuck: Same initial result, but this one throws the following error: I/O Error > Download Failed >
    Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream.

- DAV Explorer: Some files download some don't: Now the results are strange. See the following examples:

localized_en.properties

#
    #Wed Nov 16 14:22:29 AST 2011
    description=
    title=Pa

localized_es.properties

#
    #Wed Nov 16 14:16:19 AST 2011
    description=
    title=Constructor de p

localized_ar.properties
    #
    #Wed Nov 16 14:16:47 AST 2011
    description=
    title=\u0628\u0631\u0646\u0627\u0645\u062C \u0628\u0646\u0627\u0621 \u0627\u0644\u0635\u0641\u062D\u0627\u062A

(This last example in Arabic translates to english as 'Building program page')

Any help will be very appreciated.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

‏2012-02-14T09:56:37Z  
    Hi I'm getting the same problem with downloading the localized_xx.properties files.

The following are my results:

- BitKinex: All file are downloaded just fine with the exception of the localized_xx.properties files.
    When BitKinex attempts to download these files it goes for an infinite loop in which it keeps
    connecting and disconnecting forever.

- CyberDuck: Same initial result, but this one throws the following error: I/O Error > Download Failed >
    Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream.

- DAV Explorer: Some files download some don't: Now the results are strange. See the following examples:

localized_en.properties

#
    #Wed Nov 16 14:22:29 AST 2011
    description=
    title=Pa

localized_es.properties

#
    #Wed Nov 16 14:16:19 AST 2011
    description=
    title=Constructor de p

localized_ar.properties
    #
    #Wed Nov 16 14:16:47 AST 2011
    description=
    title=\u0628\u0631\u0646\u0627\u0645\u062C \u0628\u0646\u0627\u0621 \u0627\u0644\u0635\u0641\u062D\u0627\u062A

(This last example in Arabic translates to english as 'Building program page')

Any help will be very appreciated.
    Hi Guys,
    I am also getting the same error message. I have tried anyclient, cyberduck, bitkinex. I can see that this is bug and fixed in 7.0.0.1 fix pack, but i am using 7.0.0.2 and still facing the same problem. Any clue how to fix this?
  • live_life
    live_life
    1 Post

‏2012-04-16T08:44:35Z  
    Hi Guys,
    I am also getting the same error message. I have tried anyclient, cyberduck, bitkinex. I can see that this is bug and fixed in 7.0.0.1 fix pack, but i am using 7.0.0.2 and still facing the same problem. Any clue how to fix this?
    my env: portal 7.0.0.2 anyclient 4.2

try to install wp.webdav.wrapper.2.5.ear within installableApps directory.

note: before you install this ear file, need to Edit the file application.xml of the EAR, and uncomment or add the following section:
    <module>

<web>

<web-uri>wp.webdav.options.war</web-uri>

<context-root>/</context-root>

</web>

</module>

and restart portal server.
    reference doc link:
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/dx/Serving_HTTP_OPTIONS_requests_to_the_server_context_root_by_WebDAV_clients_exp7