Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-11T17:23:51Z by sdibm
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1305 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Rhapsody 7.3.1 Eclipse integration problems with Configuration Management

‏2011-07-07T14:41:45Z |
Hi,

we're using Rhapsody 7.3.1 and I have installed the Eclipse plugin of this release. Everything works fine but
if I select an unit and want to show it inside the Unit View for checkin/checkout operations the Unit View is empty.

I tried the Eclipse plugin with different Eclipse versions (3.4 and 3.6) but the Unit View is always empty.
The CM tool we use is MKS Source Integrity.

Does someone know what is wrong here?

thanks
Christoph
Updated on 2012-10-11T17:23:51Z at 2012-10-11T17:23:51Z by sdibm
  • ubaidu
    ubaidu
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Rhapsody 7.3.1 Eclipse integration problems with Configuration Management

‏2011-07-08T20:21:46Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    If you open the "Package Explorer" view, do you the rhapsody project and it's files there?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-07-11T14:24:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

I see the file in the Project Explorer. I can even share my project with MKS but the Unit View is still empty.
    If I load a different project I have no problems, the Unit View is filled with all units.
    Now I've compared both project files to find the differences but there are no differences in the ConfigurationManagement property.

I'm a bit helpless.
    Christoph
    • sdibm
      sdibm
      19 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-11T17:14:20Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      different person, a year later with newer version, I have the same issue. Under the Rhapsody perspective I don't see the option to check in or check model units. Does anyone know if it should be working or not? I installed Eclipse, then the Clearcase plugin and then the Rhapsody integration plugin. Maybe I should of left the clearcase plugin for last?
      • sdibm
        sdibm
        19 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-11T17:23:51Z  in response to sdibm
        found some answers.
        it should work according to http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rhaphlp/v7r6/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rhp.integ.ides.doc%2Ftopics%2Frhp_c_int_using_platform_integ_w_eclipse.html

Secondly it does work if I right click on the unit and select Configuration Management->Select in Unit view. Then the Unit view tab appears and I can right click on the unit and choose Team->Check out or check in, etc.

However, I still want to know why it doesn't work from the Model Browser tab. Even if I switch to unit view under Model browser it does not work. Onyl way it works is to select the unit, right click and select view in unit view. Too many steps.