Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-12-11T14:35:02Z by yn2000
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9855 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic TIM and TAM Integration using Combo Adapter

‏2011-07-04T18:48:15Z |
Hi All,
I am trying to integrate TIM and TAM using combo adapter. I already did this on linux but this time I am working on Windows and another differece is that TDI is on third box instead of on TIM/TAM machine. So, I have three boxes each of them runnig TIM, TAM and TDI Servers respectively.

I am confused whether I need to configure the Access Manger Runtime on TDI box and I have not done this yet. I have configured Access Manager Runtime for Java with TDI JVM. plz have a look at TDI box configuration screen.

While I test connection for TAM Combo service in TIM Console I am getting error com.ibm.di.utils.tam.combo.connector.RegistryException: Could not initialise registry context.

Any help?

Thanks in Advance.
Ansar
Updated on 2012-05-25T15:17:24Z at 2012-05-25T15:17:24Z by HomerJSimpson
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9855 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TIM and TAM Integration using Combo Adapter

‏2011-07-11T18:45:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    And another important point is

TDS of TAM-eb machine is SSL configured while the TDS of ITIM is NON-SSL. Can it cause the problem in registry context initialization??

Ansar
  • UVK2_Guru_Prasad
    UVK2_Guru_Prasad
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-25T08:23:01Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Even i am having the same problem, can anybody help me on this. While creating a service in ITIM for TAM i am getting an error saying

"RegistryException: Could not initialise registry context; undefinedcom.ibm.di.utils.tam.combo.connector.TAMComboUserConnector.initialize(Unknown Source)com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLineComponent.doInitialize"

Please do the needfull.
    • HomerJSimpson
      HomerJSimpson
      157 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-25T15:17:24Z  in response to UVK2_Guru_Prasad
      Did you copy the TAMComboUtils.jar to the $TDI_HOME/jars/connectors/ directory (as per the TamComboAdapter install guide)?
      If so, did you restart TDI/Dispatcher after doing so?
    • raghiravi
      raghiravi
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-10T10:20:21Z  in response to UVK2_Guru_Prasad

I'm also getting

TAMComboUserConnector: Problem initializing LDAP context. Registry exception occurred. May be due to incorrrect registry credentials. Error: com.ibm.di.utils.tam.combo.connector.RegistryException: Could not initialise registry context

on doing test connection from ITIM console to TAM.Tried out the TAM TDS credentials in LDAP .It is working fine.Can someone please help

• yn2000
        yn2000
        1086 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-11T14:35:02Z  in response to raghiravi

If you are sure that there is no issue in the id and pwd, then usually this is about TAM configuration in the machine where the TAM combo adapter is installed. Depending on your env., please check pd.conf and/or ldap.conf whether there is typo. For the sake of troubleshooting, I used to install TAM RTE on the TAM combo adapter machine to confirm that TAM backend is configured properly.

Rgds. YN.