Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-07-05T16:29:07Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
49 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Web application security: Introduction to AppScan automated scanning

‏2011-06-28T17:47:26Z |
Note: "Knowledge paths" are a new type of content, currently in beta, intended as quick-start, basic information when you need to know the basics pretty quickly -- or know someone who does.

Securing an application manually can be daunting and time-consuming, at the least. This knowledge path introduces developers to automated vulnerability scanning with Rational AppScan software and gives an overview of the functions that it can perform, as well as how to do basic scanning tasks.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/training/kp/r-appscan/index.html

Judith Broadhurst
Technical editor, developerWorks
IBM Rational software
www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/
Updated on 2011-07-05T16:29:07Z at 2011-07-05T16:29:07Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    49 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Web application security: Introduction to AppScan automated scanning

‏2011-07-01T21:08:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    That Knowledge Path actually refers to a previous product that IBM offered (Rational Developer Edition) and not AppScan Source, so the demo referred to from that link does not represent the capabilities of the current product.

Additionally, the trial software available at the final link is for AppScan Standard only and not the Source edition.

If anyone would like a brief demonstration of the AppScan Source product or information on trials or proof of concepts, please feel free to get in touch with me directly.

Thanks,
    Aaron Clark
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      49 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Web application security: Introduction to AppScan automated scanning

‏2011-07-05T16:29:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks very much for calling that to our attention, Aaron. I'll pass your message on to the author, and we'll make any necessary corrections ASAP (this week, I hope).

Judith Broadhurst
      Technical articles editor
      IBM developerWorks, Rational software
      www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/