Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-06-28T14:31:02Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
102 Posts

Pinned topic Virtual Enterprise 7.0 Controller vs. Virtual Enterprise 7.0 Node

‏2011-06-28T14:11:41Z |
Can someone tell me the difference between the above two products? I've searched the InfoCenter and can't find the answer.

Please advise, and thanks in advance.
Updated on 2011-06-28T14:31:02Z at 2011-06-28T14:31:02Z by SystemAdmin
  • courtneymauney
    courtneymauney
    2 Posts

Re: Virtual Enterprise 7.0 Controller vs. Virtual Enterprise 7.0 Node

‏2011-06-28T14:20:47Z  
    The difference between the controller and node are described in the Installation scenarios topic in the Information Center as follows:

"The installation of the Virtual Enterprise controller applies to any WebSphere Application Server node that contains either an on demand router or a deployment manager that is augmented with Virtual Enterprise. The installation of the Virtual Enterprise node applies to Virtual Enterprise installed on any other WebSphere Application Server node or other middleware server node with the Virtual Enterprise middleware agent. The middleware agent is a server process that is used to manage other middleware servers, such as Tomcat or PHP."
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts

‏2011-06-28T14:29:18Z  
    The difference between the controller and node are described in the Installation scenarios topic in the Information Center as follows:

"The installation of the Virtual Enterprise controller applies to any WebSphere Application Server node that contains either an on demand router or a deployment manager that is augmented with Virtual Enterprise. The installation of the Virtual Enterprise node applies to Virtual Enterprise installed on any other WebSphere Application Server node or other middleware server node with the Virtual Enterprise middleware agent. The middleware agent is a server process that is used to manage other middleware servers, such as Tomcat or PHP."
    Yup... plain as day right under my nose. Thanks Courtney!! I was in too much of a rush to figure it out and skipped right over that paragraph. So it looks like the Node would be equivalent to the 'middleware agent'.

Thanks again. That was quick!!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts

‏2011-06-28T14:31:02Z  
    Yup... plain as day right under my nose. Thanks Courtney!! I was in too much of a rush to figure it out and skipped right over that paragraph. So it looks like the Node would be equivalent to the 'middleware agent'.

Thanks again. That was quick!!
    Read too fast again. Node and middleware agent aren't the same thing.