Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-07-01T04:26:27Z by babatch
babatch
babatch
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Does the memory overload protection work only with gc policy "gencon"?

‏2011-06-28T01:54:06Z |
I found the article about memory overload protection in WVE Infocenter below:

Set Generic JVM arguments to -agentlib:HeapDetect -Xgcpolicy:gencon -Xdump:heap:events=user.

I wonder whether the memory overload protection really work only with gc policy "gencon".
I suppose there is no linkage between memory overload protection and gc policy....

Could someone tell me whether memory overload protection works with other gc policies or not?
Updated on 2011-07-01T04:26:27Z at 2011-07-01T04:26:27Z by babatch
  • KeithS
    KeithS
    17 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Does the memory overload protection work only with gc policy "gencon"?

‏2011-06-28T17:28:59Z  in response to babatch
    It will work with metronome as well as any GC policy which calls the JVMTI_EVENT_GARBAGE_COLLECTION_FINISH callback. Verification testing has only been done for metronome and gencon.

Keith
    • babatch
      babatch
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Does the memory overload protection work only with gc policy "gencon"?

‏2011-07-01T04:26:27Z  in response to KeithS
      Keith, thank you for your kind reply.

I think "metronome" intends WebSphere Real Time, but WAS / WVE doesn't support Real Time today, so we can't use it with those products....

You mentioned that any gc policy calls JVMTI_EVENT_GARBAGE_COLLECTION_FINISH callback will work with memory overload protection.

So I would like to ask you one another question, can I assume optthruput and optavgpause will work with memory overload protection?