Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-05-17T17:45:23Z by Winson11
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
15496 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Cryptographic keys expired after 365 days. Cognos server went down!!

‏2011-06-27T15:37:37Z |
Hi,
Our production server went down due to the expiry of 365 days.
I had to regenerate the keys. I followed the below IBM KB doc and now every thing is OK.

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21341113

My question is:
In a large production environment, how are you guys configuring this settin in Cognos configuration: Do you leave it with the default settings to expire after 1 year and regenerate every year after it expires or you set if for higher values(2 Year, 3 Years etc.)What are the con's if we set it for higher values?

Please let me know. I couldn't find the maximum limit we can set?

-GiCY
  • Winson11
    Winson11
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cryptographic keys expired after 365 days. Cognos server went down!!

‏2013-05-17T17:45:23Z  in response to SystemAdmin

we face the same issue . But just wonder if someone can provide the solution for this.

My question is: 
    In a large production environment, how are you guys configuring this settin in Cognos configuration: Do you leave it with the default settings to expire after 1 year and regenerate every year after it expires or you set if for higher values(2 Year, 3 Years etc.)What are the con's if we set it for higher values?

Please let me know. I couldn't find the maximum limit we can set?

Thanks,