Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-07-06T15:05:43Z by SystemAdmin
Kel123
Kel123
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to access assessments on remote server

‏2011-06-23T08:48:43Z |
How to access assessments published by AppScan security edition running on remote server, using DATA access API?

Thanks.
Updated on 2011-07-06T15:05:43Z at 2011-07-06T15:05:43Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    49 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to access assessments on remote server

‏2011-07-01T20:56:37Z  in response to Kel123
    Accessing the assessments remotely depends on the workflow you are trying to accomplish. Assessments can be automatically published to the core (where they can be accessed remotely using the AppScan Source for Security interface) or they can be published to the reporting engine, where they can be accessed via the interactive web interface.

We also frequently suggest pushing the assessment into the scanned application's source code management system following their creation, this makes it easy for developers to access the assessment in concert with the source code it is connected to.

If you'd like more detail on an appropriate scenario for you, please let me know what you are trying to accomplish.

Thanks,
    Aaron Clark
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      49 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-07-06T13:42:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I didn't know AppScan Source had the ability to publish assessments to the Core for remote access. Is this only in v8? or also in v7? Can you point me to some documentation about how to do this or elaborate, please?

Thanks!
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        49 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-07-06T15:05:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Greetings Hoy,

Open the Security_User_Guide.pdf:
        Start Menu --> Programs --> IBM AppScan Source --> Documentation OR %installationDirectory%/docs

Check p53 and p54 for the topics:
        Publishing assessments to AppScan Source
        Publishing assessments to IBM Rational AppScan Enterprise Edition and IBM Rational AppScan Reporting Console

There are related topics on p56:
        Saving and deleting assessments
        Registering (this is a necessary pre-requisite to publishing)

Hope that helps!

/eh