3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-22T20:28:06Z by SystemAdmin
Kokkinos
Kokkinos
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Animating Rhapsody Model from Visual Studio 2008

‏2011-06-21T13:19:02Z |
Hallo everyone,

Fist of all Iam a new User of Rhapsody, version 7.5.2 .
I read the Rational Support Whitepaper about Workflow Integration - IBM Rational rhapsody and Visual Studio 2008.
I would like to make the following question:
I developed my C sharp Project in Visual Studio 2008. I followed the Steps from the Whitepaper mentioned above and I connected successfully the C Sharp Project with Rhapsody.
To give you more information, the Project in Visual Studio 2008 is a WPF .NET 3.5 Project !
I want to use the GUI that i developed in WPF , so that I can animate the Model in Rhapsody. Is that possible ? And if yes, how can I do that ? To provide you with more information, I want to Debug my wpf Project in Visual Studio 2008, at the same time the Rhapsody tool must run in animating mode...
Updated on 2013-03-22T20:28:06Z at 2013-03-22T20:28:06Z by SystemAdmin
  • Kokkinos
    Kokkinos
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Animating Rhapsody Model from Visual Studio 2008

‏2011-06-21T23:33:00Z  in response to Kokkinos
    Because C sharp Projects are code-centric projects i can animate only code for sequence diagrams
    I will provide to you more Information about my question. In the help files I read the folowing:

As part of the reverse engineering workflow, you might want to animate selected classes without the defining configurations.
    To accomplish this, after reverse engineering create one or more sequence diagrams, drag reverse engineered classes onto these diagrams, and select the ones to animate.
    The resulting animation shows the communication between the selected classes.

When I then click to Run , Rhapsody displays a message on the bottom line , informing me that, there is no connection to the IDE. But the IDE informs me in the Visula studio toolbar that the project is connected with rhapsody.

Can you please provide information on how to animate the sequence diagram ?
    • Kokkinos
      Kokkinos
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-06-22T10:19:00Z  in response to Kokkinos
      I attach a photo of my configuration. As you See Rhapsody imported successfully the WPF Project Files from Visual Studio. The sequence Diagram I have created and the settings i made for the instrumentation mode (selected which classes to animate).

I took all the steps according to the Help files, so let me know how can i animate the sequence Diagram , when I Debug the Project in Visual Studio.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-22T20:28:06Z  in response to Kokkinos
    Hey,
    Did you find a resolution to this issue? I'm having the same issue with Rhapsody 8.0.2 and VS2010.