Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-24T05:37:29Z by JonLaL
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
238 Posts

Pinned topic An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0xc) was found in the element content of the document.

‏2009-10-09T09:54:33Z |
Hi All,
Any idea on the error returned from Salesforce. The source of data was SQL Server table with character data types. There is no XML datatype.

"An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0xc) was found in the element content of the document."



-Sajid







Updated on 2012-05-29T00:06:55Z at 2012-05-29T00:06:55Z by Sathya400
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    238 Posts

    This may be due to some

    ‏2009-10-09T10:28:15Z  

    This may be due to some garbage symbols in the source data which may be due to data corruption.You can view the source data with a text viewer and remove any symbols (i.e squares).

  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    238 Posts

    Hi Sajid, Support case #

    ‏2009-10-13T04:53:01Z  
    Hi Sajid,
    Support case # 13252 is logged for this issue, in case you need any further assistance on this issue.
    Thanks
    Sanjeev
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    238 Posts

    We have the same problem.

    ‏2011-06-14T12:56:15Z  
    We have the same problem.
    Salesforce.com returned an unexpected error: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0xb) was found in the element content of the document.
    This is annoying, I have everything set to UTF-8,so characterset should be fine/converted. When I export manually from my source data with UTF-8 (through sqlDeveloper) I do not have this problem. 
    My assumption is that Cast Iron is failing to export as UTF-8.
    Any ideas? 
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    238 Posts

    Hi... Where can I find this

    ‏2011-06-14T13:00:20Z  

    Hi... Where can I find this support case to read the detail please ??

  • Sathya400
    Sathya400
    1 Post

    Re: Hi... Where can I find this

    ‏2012-05-29T00:06:55Z  

    Hi... Where can I find this support case to read the detail please ??

    Can I have more detail on this issue how to fix it? i am having same issue.
  • JonLaL
    JonLaL
    1 Post

    Re: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0xc) was found in the element content of the document.

    ‏2013-04-24T05:37:29Z  

    I ran in to this when users enter data in rich text format. I was receiving an error for (Unicode: 0x0).  I resolved it with a custom function that I passed the text through before mapping it as an input on the failing activity:

     

    function removeUnicode (s) {

     

        return( s.replace(/\u0000/g,'\u000d\u000a') );
     

    }

     

    This replaces the bad character with a \r\n

    0xb is \u000b in javascript and it is also white space and you can probably safely replace it with new line characters.