Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-05-03T17:53:17Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
56 Posts

Pinned topic Mechanism of connecting with MSCrm

‏2011-05-02T10:06:38Z |
Hi all. I have to develop project which takes data from Oracle to MSCrm.Ive checked 'T0044_SalesforceAccountsToMSCRM' TIPs  to see how castiron can connect with MSCrm. I tried to create orchestration following the sample. However I have some question with this project.
I downloaded WSDL from MSCrm, but as CastIron load the file, the Input map looks very different. I want the names of columns to be shown on the 'to activity'pain. Does anybody know how to achieve this and the basic mechanism of CastIron connecting with MSCrm

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    56 Posts

MSCRM entity type

‏2011-05-02T15:22:58Z  

Often web services are defined to operate on generic objects (like entity). The WSDL will then define entity as a base object and several objects that extend the base object. In the TIP, the account object extends entity. In order to use a specific object, you need to do a type subsitution. Right click on entity to bring up a context menu. You should then see a menu option "Substitue node with...". If you select this option, you should be able to browse for and select the type that you want to use.

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    56 Posts

about adding new entities

‏2011-05-03T17:53:17Z  

thank you for your comment Clemon. I tried the way you mentioned , and was able to see certain types of entity. But, what shall I do if I want other entity other than the entities originally available to use?Do I have to do something to MScrm side??