Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-11-22T16:44:25Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
100 Posts

Pinned topic Upsert To Salesforce.com Performance

‏2010-11-01T14:23:05Z |
Are there any known performance differences, or advantages/disadvantages, when Upsert(ing) to SFDC using the Salesforce.com 'Upsert Objects' actvity vs. the Web Services 'Invoke Service' (WSDL Operation 'upsert') activity?
Regards, Miki.
Updated on 2010-11-22T16:44:25Z at 2010-11-22T16:44:25Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    100 Posts

    The way I understand it is,

    ‏2010-11-04T16:08:05Z  
    The way I understand it is, the built-in salesforce connector is just a wrapper around the salesforce API. It simplifies and automates some things (e.g. the batching to overcome the 200 record limit for upsert), but hides some of the flexibility of the salesforce API like using external IDs for foreign keys (just my personal gripe)
     
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    100 Posts

    you mean external id's for

    ‏2010-11-09T17:32:39Z  
    you mean external id's for upserts and the like?
     that is possible if you specify the external id as key when you select the object.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    100 Posts

    for primary keys, yeah, but

    ‏2010-11-12T16:37:33Z  

    for primary keys, yeah, but not foreign keys.

  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    100 Posts

    Lookup(Account) Processing Very Slow In SFDC

    ‏2010-11-19T16:48:11Z  

    Thanks Chris and Nick for responding. The reason I asked was I was experiencing very slow Upsert times with a particular project/orchestration that uploads Assets associated with Accounts. We set this up such that an Asset could not exist as an independent entity, but had to be associated with an Account. The mechanism we're using involves a custom field with a data type of Lookup(Account). Turns out this is very slow in SFDC with large amounts of data to upload. I am now first obtaining the associated AccountIds for each batch of Assets to Upsert, and then Upserting mapping the actual AccountId instead of relying on the Lookup(Account) mechanism. With this change I went from 200 Upserts every 3-4 minutes to 1,000 Upserts every 20 seconds. I thought I would share this revelation with the CI Community. It's probably been common knowledge for most for some time now, but I'm relatively new to Cast Iron and SFDC. Thanks again, Miki.

  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    100 Posts

    Lookup(Account) Processing Very Slow In SFDC

    ‏2010-11-22T16:44:25Z  

    Slight Correction : With this change I went from 200 Upserts every 3-4 minutes to 1,000
    Upserts every 1 minute and 20 seconds.