Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2009-02-24T19:47:09Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
100 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Siebel CRM On Demand Examples

‏2009-02-03T18:59:47Z |
With reference to the question asked earlier in this forum,  I have created the attached sample project.

To call a web service activity repeatedly in Cast Iron you can use either ‘While Loop’ or ‘For Each’ activity.  The attached project illustrates retrieving opportunities data from Siebel CRM On Demand (SOD) and puts this data as a text file on an FTP server. In the project I invoked the ‘OpportunityQueryPage’ web service call in a ‘While Loop’ by specifying the 'pagesize' and the 'pagenumber' as input. The ‘While Loop’ repeats until the value of 'LastPage' returned by web service call is 'true'. The retrieved data is serialized and appended to the text file on the FTP sever in each iteration.  

I believe the limitation of  ‘SOD web service requires that successive web service calls for a given session be spanned by a period of time no less than 50 MS’ may be specific to the server you are using. I could not find any such kind of limitation on the server I tested with the attached project and also in the SOD documentation.

Updated on 2009-02-24T19:47:09Z at 2009-02-24T19:47:09Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    100 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Limits for the Web Services Session - Request Rate

‏2009-02-24T19:47:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Siebel Web Services On Demand Guide document contains this limitation for the Request rate in section "3 Getting Started with Web Services" and sub-section "Limits for the Web Services Session":

Request Rate
    CRM On Demand applies a restriction to each session to limit the number of requests for each second that clients can make. The rate limit is set to twenty requests for each second. This is measured as a minimum of 1/20th second wait time between requests. If the rate limit is exceeded, the following error message is provided to subsequent SOAP requests:
    The maximum rate of requests was exceeded. Please try again in <waitTime> ms.

HTH