Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-01-27T21:13:01Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
224 Posts

Pinned topic Job Log, System Log and notifications

‏2011-01-27T05:49:54Z |
Can someone please explain me relationship between job log, system log and notifications?
We use cast iron cloud2. We use try-catch block for one of the web service activity. catch block is used to catch a specific exception and continue to next record for processing. catch block is logging this exception in Job log and system log both. The job is completed successfully. I'm trying to find out why is the exception record as error in both job log and system log.

Updated on 2011-01-27T21:13:01Z at 2011-01-27T21:13:01Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    224 Posts

Log Message Activity (Job Log and System Log)

‏2011-01-27T19:31:55Z  
    When you use the Log message activity, one of the input parameters is the level that you would like to assign to your message. That level is compared to the logging level of both the job and the system logs. If the level specified as the input parameter value is at the same or a higher severity, the message will be displayed.
    The default logging level for a job is Error Values. If you call Log Message and specify level of Error or Critical, the message will appear in the Job Log.
    The default logging level for the System Log is Warning. If you call Log Message and specify level of Warning, Error or Critical, the message will appear in the System Log.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    224 Posts

Log message is not used

‏2011-01-27T21:13:01Z  
    I am using a for-each activity and try-catch block is inside this for-each activity. I don't use log message inside the catch block. All it does it continue to next record. I have a catch-all block at the orchestration level. But it the control goes to catch-all block then it will terminate.
    Looks like..catch activity itself is also logging the message in system log and job log.