Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-10-26T22:22:35Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
224 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Refreshing Buffer Table

‏2010-10-26T14:58:28Z |
Hi All,
In 4.5.1.1, we have a job that has 3 assets - Buffer Table, Insert Trigger, & Update Trigger. We had stopped the job last Friday. The Buffer table has not refreshed since then.
How can we get the Buffer table to pull everything since last Friday? Thanks.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Regards,
Sajid
Updated on 2010-10-26T22:22:35Z at 2010-10-26T22:22:35Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    224 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Refreshing Buffer Table

‏2010-10-26T17:15:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Stopping the Job should not affect the Buffer table as records are put into that table via the insert and update triggers. The job takes records out to process them.
    If you are not getting records added to the buffer table you need to check the triggers, if they are not getting removed you need to ensure the job works, and then turn it back on.
    If you have turned it back on, and you are not getting queued records pulled from the buffer table, you need to check the assets section and ensure that the name and location of the buffer table is correct. For instance; we store those buffer tables in a seperate but linked db so we always need to update the assests section with the fully qualified name: Database.schema.table.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    224 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Thanks Mark

‏2010-10-26T17:40:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Thanks Mark. I appreciate your response.
    As you correctly said, the triggers were missing. But, now the main challenge is to pull all the records into the buffer table.
    My questions:
    How to populate the IH_FLAG field? What about IH_PK? IH_OPERATION_NAME will be "INSERT"?
    After few struggles, I figured the IH_PK is primary key, IH_FLAG will be NULL and IH_OPERATION_NAME = 'INSERT"
    but, when the job ran, the error was

An exception occurred while processing the inbound job: Exception while getting min and max id from buffer table

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    224 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

RE: min and max ids

‏2010-10-26T21:23:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Sajid,
    The min and max error is sometimes a permission issue. Did you ensure the account that you are using has access to the control table? It sounds like you went through some intense database changes.
    If the account your using has permissions, sometimes it's the appliance itself that has problems, and a restart corrects.
    HTH,
    David
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    224 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Hi David

‏2010-10-26T22:22:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi David,
    First of all, thank you very much for the response to my post (& also to other posts). You valuable comments are appreciated.
    Permissions were okay. Mahesh from Cast Iron support suggested that I undeploy/load the missing data into the buffer table/start the job (in order). This worked. Thanks Mahesh.
    Yes, we had a deployment which wiped out the triggers...
    Restart was my last alternative but could not try it as customers were actively using the appliance with their real time jobs.
    Regards,
    Sajid