Pinned topic How to Test the HTTP Post Utility?
I need to pass two parameters from HTTP Post Utility and then initiate the Orchestration process deployed in Web managemnet Console. Anybody please le me know how to test a HTTP Post application. Early response would be appreciated.
You can use the HTTP Post2010-10-18T06:07:54Z in response to SystemAdminYou can use the HTTP Post Utility that comes with Studio. Just put in the url of your data network and the path (defined in your receive request activity), and type in the message you want to test.
HTTP Post Utility Test2010-10-18T06:25:09Z in response to SystemAdminThanks Gary.
Let me explain in detail. I used the HTTP post utility that comes with CastIron Studio. It will ask for "URL of inbound connector:" 10.10.20.11/AddressId and the Document to post: (for this i'm just giving one blank text file.)
Here 10.10.20.11 is web management console.
The messgage i'm getting is WEB PAGE NOT FOUND error.
The concept of the application is to accept 2 params from URL and query something from the database.
Please help me.
Hi Lalith, You have to use2010-10-18T06:29:58Z in response to SystemAdminHi Lalith,
You have to use your data network IP rather than your management console IP when doing HTTP post.
You will need to check what is the IP address of the data network, you can check this by logging into the web management console.
Hi Gary, Once again thanks2010-10-18T06:50:28Z in response to SystemAdminHi Gary,
Once again thanks for your prompt reply.
As specified by you, i have used the Data Network IP. I'm getting same error. This is how i'm testing my application. I need to pass 2 params. SO i'm giving the URL for the HTTP Post Utility.
In My Orchestration i used HTTP Receive Activity and while configuring the activity i gave the URL as /OpportunityAccountNbr.
Please let me know whether i'm doing correct or not.
Hi Lalith, Two things2010-10-18T06:54:49Z in response to SystemAdminHi Lalith,
Two things here:
1. I think you are supposed to pass the parameters in the body for a HTTP Post.
2. Are you able to test this within studio? If it works, it means it might be a problem that you might not be able to access your data network.
Hi Gary, Thanks again. I'm2010-10-18T09:05:05Z in response to SystemAdminHi Gary, Thanks again.
I'm unable to move forward.
How to test the same in the Studio? Sorry for asking basic question. I'm new to CastIron.
Verify activity if i use, then how to initiate the Orchestration activity HTTP Receive Request.?
If i use, Tools--->HTTP Post utility with in the cast iron development environment, what would be the "URL Of the Inbound Connector" and the "Message to Post"?
I tried using the HTTP Post utility. I'm getting the error. Please look and help
"An I/O Exception occured during the Post operation. Network is unreachable: Connect"
Thanks -- lalith
To start2010-10-18T10:33:03Z in response to SystemAdmin
To start an orchestration in studio, go to menu bar Orchestration -> Start Orchestration.
Then you can run the HTTP Post utility tools. When it runs, it should automatically detect your machine name, so you can just type the path of your http request
e.g. http://<your machine name>/
The Message to Post is the content of the message you want to post to the HTTP request.
Please note that the start orchestration only run once. If you want to run it again, you have to start it again.
I tried to run the2010-10-18T10:44:53Z in response to SystemAdminI tried to run the Orchestration, i'm getting the error "Error while activating the activity. Exception: Address already in use: bind"
Since my first activity to run the Orchestration is HTTP Receive request, it is expecting some Http Post.
After running the Orchestration, immediately its giving the error. So not able to use the HTTP Post Utility. Please help.
Thanks -- Lalith
I assume your http is2010-10-19T03:31:08Z in response to SystemAdminI assume your http is running on port 80? Are there other services that are using this port?
If not, then try restarting Studio. I have the same problem once, and it works after restarting Studio.
HTTP POST Verifying in Studio2010-10-19T22:31:15Z in response to SystemAdminHi Lalithanand,
Following are my recommendations:
1.Verify that no other service is running on the same port as the HTTP Receive Endpoint is listening. You can change the HTTP Recieve Enpoint port easily, I would recommend using something other than port 80
2. You can pass GET parameters to the HTTP Recieve activity in the URL, you will get them back in the HTTP header (In the HTTP recieve activity) and will have to parse them from the URL string. You can use a simple flat file parser to parse them if needed.
3. Once the HTTP Recieve Activity is configured, right click on it in the studio and select "Verify Activity", this will allow you to validate if the activity is configured properly and there are no conflicts.
4. You can then call the URL from either a browser or the HTTP POST Utility. The URL will look like this (If you are using studio verify, there is no separate Data IP address, you can use your machine's hostname/IP Address):
5. After building out the orchestration, run it from the verify tab (press the play button), wait to recieve a message like "Orchestration is running and waiting to recieve request" before testing from browser or HTTP Post Utility.