Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-03-23T22:42:23Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
224 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Unable to connect to Salesforce.com. Error is: java.net.SocketException: Connection timed out.

‏2010-03-03T18:13:22Z |
Hi All,
In 4.5.1.1, the jobs completed successfully but I see the below warning message in the System Logs. The Salesforce.com instance is not down though.
Unable to connect to Salesforce.com. Error is: java.net.SocketException: Connection timed out. Attempt 1 of 5. Will try again in 30 second(s).
Any thoughts as this message was thrown on many jobs.
Regards,
Sajid
Updated on 2010-03-23T22:42:23Z at 2010-03-23T22:42:23Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    224 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Hi Sajid,It appears

‏2010-03-12T21:58:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hi Sajid,It appears appliance is not able to connect to  salesforce.com intermittently, this couldhappen because of short network glitches. However the appliance will retry 5times , the default number of retries set for the salesfroce.com activity inthe orchestration. If it can connect to salesforce.com during the retry, thejob gets completed other wise it will error out.   Thanks,Vani.   
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    224 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

More than short network glitches

‏2010-03-23T22:42:23Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I have orchestrations that run often, sometimes every 5 minutes, and this happens way more than just a couple of times a day. Do you have any tricks as to how I can improve the connection between the CastIron and Salesforce.com?
    Is there any way to keep a constant connection with Salesforce rather than logging in upon every orchestration run (I'm assuming this occurs)?