IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-23T19:12:45Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1250 Posts

Pinned topic Having trouble Creating a JDE Endpoint - error is: enterpriseServer property not found in INI file

‏2008-11-09T17:44:55Z |

I imported all of the JAR & INI files using the Tools/Install Module Providers menu selection in Studio.  After I restarted Studio I created a JDE endpoint according to the client's specifications - they have a SQL Server database and authentication to JDE is handled by an application server.  While logged on to their VPN, I click the "Test Connection" button on the JDE Endpoint and I get the following error:  Connection to JDE application failed.  enterpriseServer property not found in INI file.  Has anyone encountered this error and if so, what do you do to fix it?  Thanks.

Updated on 2012-10-23T19:12:45Z at 2012-10-23T19:12:45Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

You need to install the

‏2008-11-10T17:20:00Z  

You need to install the Jas.ini file too using the Tools/Install Module Providers Mene. You can find this file on you JDE Server on the following location <JDE INSTALL>/<enviornment>/System/OC4J\j2ee\home\applications\webclient.ear\webclient\WEB-INF\classes ThanksManoj  
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

RE: You need to install

‏2008-11-15T00:36:50Z  

We have installed the jas.ini file but the location given in the Cast Iron Studio help file and in the recent post is for systems using the Oracle Application Server.  We are using Websphere.  The jas.ini file for Websphere is in a completely different location in JDE.  It also needs to be configured with the BOOTSTRAP username and password for the production environment for it to work properly.  We got it working once we did that.  Please note: the jas.ini file in the Oracle app server location as specified in the help file is missing a number of key sections.  It was the root of the errors we were seeing.  I would recommend not using it if your system uses Websphere.

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

Thanks for the update we

‏2008-11-15T00:45:06Z  

Thanks for the update we will make sure that documentation get updated accordingly. ThanksManoj 
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

jas.ini file installed

‏2008-12-12T18:00:20Z  

Yes, that worked.  The jas.ini file also had to be configured for bootstrap information which contains the PSFT user and plain text password.  This might be sensitive for some clients but it will not work without this ocnfigured.  I appreciate the replies.  Thanks. 

Steven M. Longo

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

Re: Having trouble Creating a JDE Endpoint - error is: enterpriseServer property not found in INI file

‏2012-10-23T19:12:45Z  
    Hi,
    I know this is a really old thread, but I'm having the same issues as described. Can somebody tell me what was changed in the JAS.INI file to make the endpoint connection successful? Thanks in advance!