Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-04-02T21:07:09Z by JOpuckman
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
64 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Could not install WAS 8 trial version in windows7

‏2011-06-20T08:43:22Z |
Your operation system failed the prerequistes check. your operating system is below the recomended level for thi product.
No service pack detected, but recomended level is Service Pack3.
Do I need to really have Service Pack3 for windows 7?
Can any one help on this?
Updated on 2011-07-06T14:22:40Z at 2011-07-06T14:22:40Z by H365_Edward_Danley
  • David J Schell
    David J Schell
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Could not install WAS 8 trial version in windows7

‏2011-06-20T14:02:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Vijayan,

Thanks for trying out the WAS V8 Trial Version. Sorry you are experiencing difficulties with the install. Is the message you are receiving blocking you from continuing the install? In some instances, OS security settings are set so high that our install process is unable to determine the OS version level and that message is sent. But in those instances, you should be able to continue with the install.

David J Schell
    WebSphere Application Server User Experience Manager
    • H365_Edward_Danley
      H365_Edward_Danley
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-07-05T13:36:31Z  in response to David J Schell
      I'll jump in because I too could not install. I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1 with all patches as of this morning (5 July 2011).

I started here: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/ws/wasdevelopers/index.html. I started by clicking on the Download button. I clicked on Install.exe and followed through with all of the defaults. I got to the "Install Packages" screen and 17 "fixes" show up. All are selected by default. I click "Next" and it does its thing for a little then I'm presented with a "Validation Results" screen that says "Exception caught while evaluating expression in bundle "com.ibm.ws.detect.running.process.v80"."

I've repeated the process several times (including downloading again), always with the same result. I've attached a screen capture for what I'm seeing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ed
    • H365_Edward_Danley
      H365_Edward_Danley
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-07-05T19:14:36Z  in response to David J Schell
      I am disappointed that other forum posts received a response but this one didn't. :(

Ed
      • samw@ca.ibm.com
        samw@ca.ibm.com
        4 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-07-05T19:29:38Z  in response to H365_Edward_Danley
        In the original URL you give ( http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/ws/wasdevelopers/index.html ) please see the "Please Note" section of that web page:

Please note: If you are installing IBM Installation Manager at the same time that you are installing the trial product and fixes, you might see an exception while installing the fixes. If this occurs, use one of the following workarounds:

• Deselect the fixes and install Installation Manager and the trial product. Then install the fixes.

• Install IBM Installation Manager by itself, without the trial product and fixes. Then click the Download button to install the trial product and fixes.

Sam Wong
        samw at ca.ibm.com
        • H365_Edward_Danley
          H365_Edward_Danley
          4 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-07-05T20:55:31Z  in response to samw@ca.ibm.com
          Thanks. I'll give that a try.
        • H365_Edward_Danley
          H365_Edward_Danley
          4 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-07-06T14:22:40Z  in response to samw@ca.ibm.com
          That did the trick. The hard part was finding where to download just the IBM Installation Manager. A link would have been nice. For anybody else reading this post, that link is here: https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24029226

Ed
  • JOpuckman
    JOpuckman
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-04-02T21:07:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin

I just experienced this same error message. What worked for me was to launch the IBM Installation Manager as an administrator.

EDIT: This was not the trial version but the full version.

Updated on 2014-04-02T21:08:03Z at 2014-04-02T21:08:03Z by JOpuckman