6 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-06-20T20:40:46Z by SystemAdmin
tomkiat
tomkiat
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Load source for Linux

‏2011-06-19T02:31:01Z |
Hi ,
I hope this question is suited to this forum. I am looking at loading the Red Hat Linux OS on our Power hardware. We have an IBM DVD but I am not sure if its the correct one to use. The front says x86 which makes me believe its for Intel based.

If not what should be stated on the DVD media if its to be installed on Power ?

Thanks & regards,
Thomas
Updated on 2011-06-20T20:40:46Z at 2011-06-20T20:40:46Z by SystemAdmin
  • sdenham
    sdenham
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Load source for Linux

‏2011-06-19T03:49:12Z  in response to tomkiat
    You're correct - you have the Intel DVD. I think the Power versin it says "IBM Power". The rpms are .ppc or .ppc64 instead of .i386 or .x86_64
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      706 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-06-19T12:35:42Z  in response to sdenham
      Since you're starting the process, check out the Installation Toolkit. It installs other recommended packages you will likely need.

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/lopdiags/installtools

Bill
  • tomkiat
    tomkiat
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-06-20T02:14:17Z  in response to tomkiat
    This is a orderable licensed product i assume as opposed to the free x86 Intel version ? If yes what is he feature code. To Bill, will the install toolkit come free ( like AIX expansion CD ) with the order ?
    • klausk
      klausk
      13 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-06-20T13:12:29Z  in response to tomkiat
      > tomkiat wrote:
      > This is a orderable licensed product i assume as opposed to the free x86 Intel version ? If yes what is he feature code. To Bill, will the install toolkit come free ( like AIX expansion CD ) with the order ?

The IBM Installation Toolkit for Linux is a free-of-charge downloadable from the link provided (http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/lopdiags/installtools) - you'll still need to installation DVDs for the Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM POWER thought (http://www.redhat.com/rhel/server/)
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      706 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-06-20T20:40:46Z  in response to tomkiat
      Thomas, I've been told that on Linux distro pre-install orders, the IBM Installation Toolkit is added to the installed image. There are a number of nice tools and updated packages which are recommended via the Installation Toolkit.
  • kobebye
    kobebye
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-06-20T06:30:07Z  in response to tomkiat
    For you to backup iPhone contacts and SMS message. You can use iTunes. But you can't edit it after backup,and you can't make a password to protect your privacy.

There is another way for you to backup iPhone contacts and SMS at the same time to computer,Click HERE to get the iphone SMS message and contact backup software.

Cucusoft iPhone Tool Kits is a powerful iphone backup tool kit that designed to back up all your files from iPhone to computer , includeing SMS messages,contacts,songs, videos, books, photos and so on.

How to use Cucusoft iPhone Tool Kits to backup all iphone files to computer?

Cucusoft iPhone Tool Kits is an easy to use utility designed to help you back up all your files on your iPhone.”

“Cucusoft iPhone Tool Kits will quickly backup and transfer iPhone songs, videos, photos, SMS, call list, contacts and books to computer.”

“From this window of Cucusoft iPhone Tool Kits you are allowed to change the backup folders.”

“Cucusoft iPhone Tool Kits will also offer the possibility to create a subfolder rule.”

Free download Cucusoft iPhone Tool Kits in HERE