Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-06-08T18:54:55Z by BobG
TPReddy
TPReddy
20 Posts

Pinned topic java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com/eig/cis/web/jsf/application/LinkRendererWi

‏2011-06-07T17:01:49Z |
I'm facing the following error while upgrading Was v6 to Was V7 at runtime

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com/eig/cis/web/jsf/application/LinkRendererWithName.getMyForm(Ljavax/faces/context/FacesContext;Ljavax/faces/component/UICommand;)Ljavax/faces/component/UIForm;
6/7/11 12:59:21:595 EDT 00000017 SystemErr R at com.eig.cis.web.jsf.application.LinkRendererWithName.encodeBegin(LinkRendererWithName.java:46)

This class is available in JSF-impl.jar but it is pointing, but it is working fine with Websphere V6.

Any suggestions/help around that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Updated on 2011-06-08T18:54:55Z at 2011-06-08T18:54:55Z by BobG
  • BobG
    BobG
    624 Posts

Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com/eig/cis/web/jsf/application/LinkRendererWi

‏2011-06-07T22:10:51Z  
    There should be no jsf-api.jar or jsf-impl.jar contained in the application. These are now part of the server (JEE) runtime.
    I am confused as to what class you are indicating is available in the jsf-impl.jar.
  • TPReddy
    TPReddy
    20 Posts

‏2011-06-08T15:01:18Z  
    • BobG
    • ‏2011-06-07T22:10:51Z
    There should be no jsf-api.jar or jsf-impl.jar contained in the application. These are now part of the server (JEE) runtime.
    I am confused as to what class you are indicating is available in the jsf-impl.jar.
    IF I dont have JSF-ibm.jar in my web-inf/lib,

I'm seeing 100's of compilation errors, like

HtmlAjaxRefreshRequest cannot be resolved to a type VehicleInfoCP.java
    HtmlBehavior cannot be resolved to a type VehicleInfoCP.java
    HtmlCommandExButton cannot be resolved to a type Additional.java

how to resolved those compilation errors withoug having JSF-ibm.jar in my classpath.?
    Thanks
    TPReddy
  • BobG
    BobG
    624 Posts

‏2011-06-08T15:57:18Z  
    • TPReddy
    • ‏2011-06-08T15:01:18Z
    IF I dont have JSF-ibm.jar in my web-inf/lib,

I'm seeing 100's of compilation errors, like

HtmlAjaxRefreshRequest cannot be resolved to a type VehicleInfoCP.java
    HtmlBehavior cannot be resolved to a type VehicleInfoCP.java
    HtmlCommandExButton cannot be resolved to a type Additional.java

how to resolved those compilation errors withoug having JSF-ibm.jar in my classpath.?
    Thanks
    TPReddy
    Sorry, your initial note mentioned jsf-impl.jar. This you should not have in your project. You will still need jsf-ibm.jar in the project.
  • TPReddy
    TPReddy
    20 Posts

‏2011-06-08T16:32:40Z  
    • BobG
    • ‏2011-06-08T15:57:18Z
    Sorry, your initial note mentioned jsf-impl.jar. This you should not have in your project. You will still need jsf-ibm.jar in the project.
    Thanks Bob for your response,

but any idead abour this error 'java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.CommandLinkRenderer.getMyform()"?

Thanks
    TPReddy
  • BobG
    BobG
    624 Posts

‏2011-06-08T17:34:43Z  
    • TPReddy
    • ‏2011-06-08T16:32:40Z
    Thanks Bob for your response,

but any idead abour this error 'java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.CommandLinkRenderer.getMyform()"?

Thanks
    TPReddy
    That method does not exist in the jsf 1.2 impl that is part of WAS 7. You generally should not be extending Sun classes and instead only use standard jsva and/or javax classes. Only the documented implementation classes can be counted on as standard API. For JSF 2, in WAS v8, the MyFaces (i.e. not Sun) implementation is used.
  • TPReddy
    TPReddy
    20 Posts

‏2011-06-08T18:21:56Z  
    • BobG
    • ‏2011-06-08T17:34:43Z
    That method does not exist in the jsf 1.2 impl that is part of WAS 7. You generally should not be extending Sun classes and instead only use standard jsva and/or javax classes. Only the documented implementation classes can be counted on as standard API. For JSF 2, in WAS v8, the MyFaces (i.e. not Sun) implementation is used.
    Thanks Bob for the useful information,

BTW do you have idea which is similar or equal to com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.CommandLinkRenderer in java standard or extension
    package?

Thanks
  • BobG
    BobG
    624 Posts

‏2011-06-08T18:54:55Z  
    • TPReddy
    • ‏2011-06-08T18:21:56Z
    Thanks Bob for the useful information,

BTW do you have idea which is similar or equal to com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.CommandLinkRenderer in java standard or extension
    package?

Thanks
    There are not standard renderers just a few standard components.
    javax.faces.component.html.HtmlCommandLink