Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-06-07T09:31:54Z by babatch
babatch
babatch
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to use readApplication operation in manageODC.py?

‏2011-06-06T06:13:31Z |
Hi,

I am trying readApplication operation (https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24023347) in manageODC.py script, but I cannot figure out how to use it.
I am using WAS ND 7.0.0.15 + WVE 6.1.1.3.

First, I deployed DefalutApplication.ear on a certain application server and confirmed it operates properly.
Then, I made corrupted the ODC information using modifyODCProperty operation in manageODC.py and successfully it made 503 error without stopping the application server nor the application.

So I would like to refresh ODC information using readApplication operation but InfoCenter nor manageODC.py's help message provides how to use it.

Does someone know how to use readApplication operation in manageODC.py?
Updated on 2011-06-07T09:31:54Z at 2011-06-07T09:31:54Z by babatch
  • TomPatterson
    TomPatterson
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to use readApplication operation in manageODC.py?

‏2011-06-06T16:00:51Z  in response to babatch
    The arguments that must be passed into manageODC.py for the readApplication operation are listed below.

readApplication <applicationName> [<editionName>] <nodeName> <serverName>
         applicationName is the name of the application to read or reread from the config repository
         editionName is the optional name of the edition of the application to read or reread from the config repository
         nodeName is the name of the WebSphere node containing the server which will perform the read
         serverName is the name of the server to perform the read

However I have a couple of concerns. There are two flavors of manageODC.py, one provided by ND and one provided by VE; both are named identically. The ND version of manageODC.py does not support the readApplication operation while the VE version does. If the contents of manageODC.py does not contain references to the string readApplication I suspect your using the ND version. If there are no references to readApplication in the script has the profile where your invoking this command been augmented with WVE? If the profile has been augmented and the manageODC.py still has no references to the readApplication string can you provide the order in which WAS, WVE, and the corresponding fix packs where installed? A list of any ifixes that have been applied may also be useful.

Generally ODC problems that can be corrected by the readApplication operation result in 404 errors being returned by the ODR not 503s. Would it be possible to provide the arguments that were passed into the modifyODCProperty operation which resulted in the ODR returning 503s for the requests destined for the application?

Thanks,
    • babatch
      babatch
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to use readApplication operation in manageODC.py?

‏2011-06-07T09:31:54Z  in response to TomPatterson
      Tom, thank you for your quick response.

I have tried below at /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/bin where DefaultApplication is deployed on server2.

1. ./wsadmin.sh -lang jython -f manageODC.py readApplication DefaultApplication wvedg01Node01 server2

but "Unsupported operation" returned.

My admin console shows as attached, so I think my WAS ND environment is augmented properly by WVE.
      The output of versionInfo is below. No ifix is installed.

root@wvedg01 bin# ./versionInfo.sh
      WVER0010I: Copyright (c) IBM Corporation 2002, 2005, 2008; All rights reserved.
      WVER0012I: VersionInfo reporter version 1.15.1.26, dated 8/9/08

IBM WebSphere Application Server Product Installation Status Report

Report at date and time June 7, 2011 6:22:10 PM JST

Installation

Product Directory /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer
      Version Directory /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/properties/version
      DTD Directory /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/properties/version/dtd
      Log Directory /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/logs
      Backup Directory /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/properties/version/nif/backup
      TMP Directory /tmp

Product List

WXDOP installed
      ND installed

Installed Product

Name IBM WebSphere Virtual Enterprise
      Version 6.1.1.3
      ID WXDOP
      Build Level cf31047.61043
      Build Date 11/18/10
      Architecture Intel (32 bit)

Installed Product

Name IBM WebSphere Application Server - ND
      Version 7.0.0.15
      ID ND
      Build Level cf151107.06
      Build Date 2/15/11
      Architecture Intel (32 bit)

End Installation Status Report

This is the command line which caused 503, where DefaultApplication is deployed on server2 and properly worked until I tried modifyODCProperty.

1. ./wsadmin.sh -lang jython -f manageODC.py modifyODCProperty /cell/wvedg01Cell01/node/wvedg01Node01/server/server2 state 1::STOPPED wvedg01Node01 server2

Do you have any idea what I should do / check next?

Thanks.