Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-13T15:49:33Z by Sriram_Europa
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1632 Posts

Pinned topic How to monitor bufferpool, locks etc using Data Studio Health Monitor

‏2011-06-03T07:30:23Z |
I installed IBM Data Studio Health Monitor on window machine. I was wondering how to check bufferpool, dynamic/static sql or lock information etc. Is DSHM is right tool to do DB2 UDB database monitoring.
Updated on 2013-03-13T15:49:33Z at 2013-03-13T15:49:33Z by Sriram_Europa
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

Re: How to monitor bufferpool, locks etc using Data Studio Health Monitor

‏2011-06-03T18:40:21Z  
    Hi,
    Monitoring of bufferpool, locks are performance related and hence you will need to use the Optim Performance Manager tool. Data Studio Health Monitor is meant for monitoring the health and availability of the databases such as table spaces, Data server status.

Dimple
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

‏2013-03-12T15:30:35Z  
    I wonder if this is still true for Data Studio 3.2 that we can not monitor bufferpool, lock information in DS 3.2.

Thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

‏2013-03-12T18:38:52Z  
    I wonder if this is still true for Data Studio 3.2 that we can not monitor bufferpool, lock information in DS 3.2.

Thanks!
    Hi,
    Yes, its still the case that you have to use Optim Performance Manager to monitor locks, bufferpool. You cannot do with Data Studio Web Console 3.2.

Dimple
  • Sriram_Europa
    Sriram_Europa
    68 Posts

‏2013-03-13T15:49:33Z  
    Hi,
    Yes, its still the case that you have to use Optim Performance Manager to monitor locks, bufferpool. You cannot do with Data Studio Web Console 3.2.

Dimple
    Infosphere Optim Performance Manager includes several features over and above Data Studio Web Console / Health Monitor that help you monitor the performance - both real-time and historically and provides quite a lot of metrics. That is the recommended product for indepth monitoring.

Also - if you already have some scripts or sql that you use today for keeping a watch on your databases, perhaps this chapter on creating user defined alerts may help you

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/dstudio/v3r2/topic/com.ibm.datatools.db.web.health.install.doc/topics/customalerts_create_and_manage.html