• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-08-30T14:47:25Z by rsimons99
BAND99
BAND99
3 Posts

Pinned topic Same file being transferred multiple times in WMQFTE 7.0.3

‏2011-06-01T20:19:43Z |
Hi All,

we are using wmqfte v7.0.3. A Resource monitor was created in the following way to test the functionality of 'bs' parameter:

fteCreateMonitor -ma POC.AGNT1 -mm FTEQM1 -mn POC.Monitor5 -md C:\IBM\FTE_DATA\AMI\ -mt C:\IBM\WMQFTE\bin\MN.MANAGED_4.xml -tr match,*.input -pi 30 -pu seconds -bs 10

and 4 files were dropped at once in the directory being monitored. However, in the transfer log, we see each file being transferred 4 times.

i.e. Input_1 successful
Input_2 successful
input_3 successful
input_4 successful
The above logs appear in the MQ Explorer's transfer log for another 3 times.

Did anyone else encounter this peculiar behaviour?
Updated on 2011-08-30T14:47:25Z at 2011-08-30T14:47:25Z by rsimons99
  • BAND99
    BAND99
    3 Posts

Same file being transferred multiple times in WMQFTE 7.0.3

‏2011-06-02T06:04:28Z  
    As a follow up to my above question, i want to understand '-bs' parameter in the ftecreatemonitor command.

So, lets say the monitor finds 10 trigger matches (if we drop 10 files of same match pattern at once) and assume that the bs paramter is set to 5, then as per the V7.0.3 notes I see that 2 tasks are created with each containing 5 file transfers.

So, my question is does the two tasks happen sequentially or in parallel. If parallel, then dont we lose out on the order??

And again within each task, do the file transfers happen sequentially or in parallel?

Will be glad if anyone can help me with the above two questions

Thanks
  • rsimons99
    rsimons99
    10 Posts

Re: Same file being transferred multiple times in WMQFTE 7.0.3

‏2011-08-30T14:47:25Z  
    • BAND99
    • ‏2011-06-02T06:04:28Z
    As a follow up to my above question, i want to understand '-bs' parameter in the ftecreatemonitor command.

So, lets say the monitor finds 10 trigger matches (if we drop 10 files of same match pattern at once) and assume that the bs paramter is set to 5, then as per the V7.0.3 notes I see that 2 tasks are created with each containing 5 file transfers.

So, my question is does the two tasks happen sequentially or in parallel. If parallel, then dont we lose out on the order??

And again within each task, do the file transfers happen sequentially or in parallel?

Will be glad if anyone can help me with the above two questions

Thanks
    The monitor will spawn a MN.MANAGED_4.xml for EACH file found. If you did not use substitution variables in your XML file then I can see how the same file got transferred multiple times. What it looks like is happening is that you are doing an "match on any and a transfer on EVERY", You should be writing the XML to process a single file.

Look up Substitution variables in the info center