Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-01T23:35:18Z by SystemAdmin
HisNibs
HisNibs
87 Posts

Pinned topic Datapower and WSRR

‏2011-05-31T10:28:21Z |
I have my DP devices in a controlled zone and don't want to make config changes if possible. I have tested a config to dynamically pick up web service artifacts from WSRR and this works quite nicely in the context of a multi-protocol-gateway as I can service a lot of differing services using a single policy and config map. However, I would like some advice as to whether this is the best way to do this, are there better ways? for example you can setup an WSRR listener on DP to help sync changes in WSRR, I cannot do this with my setup.......or can I replicate this syncing some other way?
Updated on 2012-11-01T23:35:18Z at 2012-11-01T23:35:18Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

Re: Datapower and WSRR

‏2011-05-31T12:21:36Z  
    No, there is no automatic way to sync / listen when using MPGW. Look into using WS-Proxy GW w/ WSRR Saved Search Subscription to implement capability of synchronizing web service updates from WSRR.

If you must use a MPGW, then you can create a timed event processing rule to periodically (e.g. every 24 hours or longer) check for updates to the web services you are proxing. Also, depending on how you are fetching and storing the web service WSDL documents, you could use the MPGW's XML Manager document cache to clear itself every 24 hours (or longer) and thus the next fetch operation in your service will re-sync the cache with latest version of service.
  • HisNibs
    HisNibs
    87 Posts

‏2011-05-31T12:37:05Z  
    No, there is no automatic way to sync / listen when using MPGW. Look into using WS-Proxy GW w/ WSRR Saved Search Subscription to implement capability of synchronizing web service updates from WSRR.

If you must use a MPGW, then you can create a timed event processing rule to periodically (e.g. every 24 hours or longer) check for updates to the web services you are proxing. Also, depending on how you are fetching and storing the web service WSDL documents, you could use the MPGW's XML Manager document cache to clear itself every 24 hours (or longer) and thus the next fetch operation in your service will re-sync the cache with latest version of service.
    I wanted to avoid using WSP as I have a lot of services to proxy, thus a generic policy servicing potentially 100's of artifacts in an MPG.

Hadn't thought about the XML Mgr, will look into that further, thanks.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-11-01T23:35:18Z  

Hi,

Will WSRR and Datapower, with ver5 firmware, synchronize the XSD's as well? We have a current problem with the XSD's being changed, and thus, the web service breaks.

Thanks,
    Kirby