Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-06-08T04:58:13Z by vmcburney
vmcburney
vmcburney
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Can I access Cubing Services from a Windows 7 client?

‏2011-05-31T01:38:33Z |
I have InfoSphere Warehouse 9.7.2 Enterprise server installed. I am trying to configure the Cubing Services from a Windows 7 client machine. The launchpad for InfoSphere Warehouse Client is not working. I have Optim Development Studio installed but it does not have a Cubing Services component. Is there any way I can add Cubing Services to Optim Development Studio or run the Warehouse client install on a Windows 7 environment? Here is the error from the InfoSphere Warehouse launch pad:
This launchpad is not intended to run on the current platform. Check the product documentation or contact your vendor for more information about supported platforms.
Information about your machine
Operating System (top.OS) = Windows_7
Operating System Type (top.OSTYPE) = windows
Processor Architecture (top.ARCHITECTURE) = AMD64
Browser/version (top.BROWSER/top.BROWSERVERSION) = IExplore/7
Locale (top.LOCALE) = en
Launchpad compatibility version =

Compatibility checks defined for this launchpad
version = 9\.7
top.OS = Windows.*|Linux
top.ARCHITECTURE = x86|IA64|s390|s390x
top.OSTYPE = windows|unix
Updated on 2011-06-08T04:58:13Z at 2011-06-08T04:58:13Z by vmcburney
  • JP_Parkin
    JP_Parkin
    128 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Can I access Cubing Services from a Windows 7 client?

‏2011-05-31T16:33:46Z  in response to vmcburney
    Please take a look at this technote that was just recently published : https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21498441

This covers the installation considerations for Windows 64-bit platforms when using the 32-bit client image and contains the steps to install and configure the Design Studio in this environment.

Best regards,
    JP
    • vmcburney
      vmcburney
      7 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-06-02T22:25:14Z  in response to JP_Parkin
      I have read the tech note and cannot get the installation to work. The start command is install -Dprofile="<profile_path>", but I do not know what the profile_path is looking for. The documentation says it is some type of license activation directory that is on the installation media - but I did not order a CD, I downloaded InfoSphere Warehouse client from the PartnerWorld Catalog and under the InfoSphere Warehouse 7.5.2 search results I cannot find any type of Warehouse activation file. I found a DataStudio activation and a couple Optim activation files and they do not work. I tried the InfoSphere Warehouse server activation directory and that did not work. If I leave out the profile option it fails, if I fill it in it says it is invalid.
      • JP_Parkin
        JP_Parkin
        128 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-06-03T14:49:08Z  in response to vmcburney
        The InfoSphere Warehouse activation zip file works for both the client and server. I'm going to assume that you downloaded the InfoSphere Warehouse 9.7.2 ( and that 7.5.2 is just a typo ).

Here's an example of a couple of the names for the quick start and activation kits for 9.7.2 ( there are more for other editions ) :
        CZR8FML - Developer Edition
        CZR8GML - Enterprise Edition
        CZR8KML - Departmental Authorized User Edition

If the problem is finding the right activation package, let me know which one you are looking for and I'll hunt it down...

Let's suppose that you have downloaded and unziped the install image to c:\images, so the directory tree looks something like this :

c:\images\client\
        c:\images\client\isw
        c:\images\client\launchpad
        c:\images\client\isw\Client

and let's say that you have downloaded and unziped the activation zip file to c:\ISWProfile, so the directory tree looks something like this :

c:\ISWProfile
        c:\ISWProfile\profile.rsp
        c:\ISWProfile\iwee.lic ( this file may be different depending on the edition you download )
        c:\ISWProfile\LA\LA_en

From the c:\images\client\isw directory issue the command :

install.exe -Dprofile=
        "c:\ISWProfile"

The other option is to replace the c:\images\isw\profile directory with the contents of the c:\ISWProfile directory. In this case you do not need the -Dprofile option at all as this is the default profile used during the install. Just keep in mind that the default profile is the try and buy version which is likely not what you are looking for.
        • vmcburney
          vmcburney
          7 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-06-08T03:40:19Z  in response to JP_Parkin
          Okay, almost there. I have found the right license profile thanks to searching for the right part numbers. I can now start the installer and choose products but when I try to install I get the error:

Dependencies Missing
          The selected feature "Design Studio" has dependencies. To install the feature "Design Studio" you must also install the following features:
          IBM Data Server Client

I already have DB2 client installed and I have the sqllib/bin directory in the Windows path. I do not understand why it cannot find Data Server Client so I am once again stumped.
          • vmcburney
            vmcburney
            7 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-06-08T04:58:13Z  in response to vmcburney
            Got it now. Had problems with Query Patroller and the Data Server client so went back to a clean copy of the install and it let me select everything and it started installing.

My first install attempt failed, I tried installing Data Studio in a directory other than Program Files(64) but merging it into the Eclipse shell of IDA and Development Studio. The Data Studio install failed. Uninstalled all three products and reinstalled into a directory other than Program Files(64). This time it worked. I now have all three products sharing an IDE.